Bala shark

Robstar1619

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A picture of one of my Bala sharks.
balasrob.jpg

what camera/lens did you take this with? I've been trying to take some pics of the fish in my tank, but they are not coming out good. I can't get a nice clear, up close, focused shot like you have here.

Here is one of the Boesmanis i have.
boesm1.jpg

Not that perfect picture but these and the Balas want stay putt for a shot!
I need more light in my tank aswell so as to get better pics of my fish.
Iam using the Nikon D40,standard 55mm lens,macro,and defused flash.Iso 80.

2 more pics of the Bala sharks.
balas101.jpg

balas100.jpg

welll although they turned out good.... when i head bala SHARK, i forgot that was a type of fish, so you can clearly understand how dissapointed i was... ;-)

I think you do quite well. My only attempts at capturing fish in tanks was in the aquarium in the zoo (many people pushing past behind me, too), and the fish are so fast, always moving and moving, argh! I failed miserably! So hey, congrats on these!

Thanks guys!
And yes they are pretty difficult to get good pics of..never stay still and so silverish and flashy!

But doesn't their being "silverish" make them so pretty? I think it does!!! :D

Hehe..yes they are pretty!..though for me who tries to take pics of them..lets say to pretty:wink:

Here is one of the Boesmanis i have.
boesm1.jpg

Not that perfect picture but these and the Balas want stay putt for a shot!
I need more light in my tank aswell so as to get better pics of my fish.
Iam using the Nikon D40,standard 55mm lens,macro,and defused flash.Iso 80.

OK, here comes the newbie question of the day: I have the Nikon D40X so I'm guessing or equipment is very similare. Question: how do you shoot macro with the kit lens? Is it just a matter of getting in close or do you change settings? I'm trying to take similar shots and none of mine even come close to looking as good as yours.
Tom

Well you could get as good pics aswell..dont expect to get decent ones every shot you take!
Yes you need to be very close up since we both have the same lens i guess.
Get as close as you can to the glass,i use flash since it's much easier to get better pics of the fast moving fish but i dufuse it with the cheapest way..namely a paper tissue in front of the flash.
I also use the Tulip button(macro) and the set up is 2256x1956,ISO 80-100.
Turn of all the lights in the room so as only the tanklights are on,you get better pics then.

Most reactions

Back