Bald eagle C&C welcome

seakritter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The first pic I took was while was having lunch by a lake the res is not the best but I had move quickly to get it he was not close by the time I could manage a shot. I came back later in the week early in the morning and we had breakfast, I hope you like them,

"As I Wander"

Attachments

• $image-4036368295.jpg
    $image-4036368295.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 157
  • $image-2748434827.jpg
    $image-2748434827.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 165
  • $image-3488242210.jpg
    $image-3488242210.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 149
  • $image-2223489398.jpg
    $image-2223489398.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 154
  • $image-1704039609.jpg
    $image-1704039609.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 140
Wow tough crowd not one comment , okee

"As I Wander"

I love them! Especially the first one. Very sharp!

Very nice series! I really like the first one.

I always wish I had a little more resolution too, like my osprey shots. Have you run any noise reduction? The branches also picked up some CA/PF might be fixable depending on the software you have.

I like them all and the first one is one of my favorites. Personally, I don't really like the dappling of the shadow on the face in the second picture (top right). Very sharp!

coastalconn said:
Very nice series! I really like the first one.

I always wish I had a little more resolution too, like my osprey shots. Have you run any noise reduction? The branches also picked up some CA/PF might be fixable depending on the software you have.

Thank you for you kind words, it was so frantic to get the fist shoot, it was a heavy over cast that day, I kind of just guessed at it and it shows, I have tried to reduce the noise with a couple of different programs so far without much success , it kind of makes a unsettling mess of not enough detail most of the time. I didn't want to post those versions on here for fear of getting called out on it. So I went with just small amount of cropping that a had done. I may give a another stab and damn the torpedoes full steam ahead, lol if you will. I have many more of this eagle we had a long breakfast the day, he just sat there not 20' above head for 45mins, it was such a privilege that he afforded me. I was quite honored. If any would like to see more , they are mostly him sitting there looking at me. I do have one that is kind of cute a small black bird joined us for a few moments until I guess he figured he had temped fate too long, lol, I'll add it, I called it "A Branch Meeting"

"As I Wander"

Attachments

• $image-3666109882.jpg
    $image-3666109882.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 123
carolinajack said:
I like them all and the first one is one of my favorites. Personally, I don't really like the dappling of the shadow on the face in the second picture (top right). Very sharp!

Thank you very much , I'm glad you liked them, and thank you for your input as well.

"As I Wander"

Yup, tough crowd! :mrgreen: First impressions: Right side - top one is too closely cropped for my liking, but then that may just be me - bottom one, not bad except for the shadow across the middle of the bird. Left side - these are all fairly decent images.

A couple of general points, you might get more responses if you number the images in your postings - this makes it a lot easier for reviewers to refer to them and it means they don't have to flip back and forth to make sure they have the right image. Second point - all of your images are centred in the frame - this is not always the best placement. Check out the rule of thirds for placing subjects in an image. Third point - these are all too closely cropped for my liking, maybe that is just me, but I like to see a bit of the "environment" around the subject, in this case birds, as I think a certain amount of foreground/background is interesting. The first one (top left) comes the closest to what I am thinking. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

WesternGuy

Nice set of images. This whole year I have been striving to acquire just one nice image of an eagle like the ones you have taken here. The eagles where I live (Western NY) they are not fond of having their picture taken. The second one is my favorite. I only wish that it wasn't cropped in so close. It would have been nice to see all of the wing instead of having it clipped. Just my opinion. ;)

WesternGuy said:
Yup, tough crowd! :mrgreen: First impressions: Right side - top one is too closely cropped for my liking, but then that may just be me - bottom one, not bad except for the shadow across the middle of the bird. Left side - these are all fairly decent images.

A couple of general points, you might get more responses if you number the images in your postings - this makes it a lot easier for reviewers to refer to them and it means they don't have to flip back and forth to make sure they have the right image. Second point - all of your images are centred in the frame - this is not always the best placement. Check out the rule of thirds for placing subjects in an image. Third point - these are all too closely cropped for my liking, maybe that is just me, but I like to see a bit of the "environment" around the subject, in this case birds, as I think a certain amount of foreground/background is interesting. The first one (top left) comes the closest to what I am thinking. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

WesternGuy

Thank you for your input, in other posts I have numbered them, I'll be more mindful to do that on them, the only one that I cropped pp, was the one in flight, I'll certain think about that more when shooting.

shefjr said:
Nice set of images. This whole year I have been striving to acquire just one nice image of an eagle like the ones you have taken here. The eagles where I live (Western NY) they are not fond of having their picture taken. The second one is my favorite. I only wish that it wasn't cropped in so close. It would have been nice to see all of the wing instead of having it clipped. Just my opinion. ;)

Thank you I'm glad you enjoy them, I unfortunately cropped the tip of his wing while shooting, I totally agree with you, but other wise I like it as well.

Most reactions

Back