Baldy on the wing

Arkanjel Imaging

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw this adult bald eagle eating roadkill with some turkey buzzards. He bolted pretty quick though. This was the only capture I got as he fled the scene. Heavy crop. :(

5039330090_a1f2f14a44_z.jpg

Heavy crop but always nice to score on an Eagle shot. Next time ask that Eagle to fly towards you ;)

Nice capture. I always wanted to photograph an eagle in flight.

Thank you both.

Eric, Im not sure about your part of the state but it seems as though the eagles have really returned in the last couple weeks. Must be getting chilly up north.

Great shot. Lucky for you, you had the settings right. Half the time i get bird-flight shots, i had metered for the ground where i was shooting so in the haste of trying to get in-flight shots, they are wayy over exposed. Nice job

Great shot. Lucky for you, you had the settings right. Half the time i get bird-flight shots, i had metered for the ground where i was shooting so in the haste of trying to get in-flight shots, they are wayy over exposed. Nice job

Indeed birds are a tricky subject. Especially when you are shooting white egrets one minute and eagles the next. Im finding it easier to use the Auto ISO function when shooting birds. That way I can lock in my f-stop and keep my shutter speed high enough to stop action. Spot meter and the only adjustment I really make is to the EV comp. +1 for dark birds and -.3 for white ones.

Its almost impossible for me to get the balance between body and head right on bald eagles. Every time I get good detail in the wings.... I blow the head/tail feathers. :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back