Ballhead for bogen

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I haven't the slightest clue, can I use any ball head for my bogen tripod? My vanguard has a nice quick release whereas my bogen has the non quick release thing on a pan head. I like the bogen a lot more and would like to get a nice ballhead for it that I can trust my camera hanging upside down with. I had a ball head but a piece on the quick release snapped in half.

It should be standard. Usually it's only the really cheap dept store specials that have proprietary mounts for their heads.

I've found some tripods have 1/4" mounts, and you'll probably need 3/8". Plenty of adapters exist to take care of that, but your Bogen probably has 3/8" anyway.

Hi, all of our ballheads come with a brass adapter. I strongly suggest you visit our site and check out our heads, they are highly regarded! We also would sell just the brass adapters. Feel free to call or visit our site and order one!

Best Regards,

Acratech Inc.
Acratech :Ballheads

FWIW, if you liked your old ballhead, many of them have removable / replaceable quick-release plates. Now might be a good time to think about standardizing on a single plate system, too, so you can interchange stuff easily. You don't necessarily have to go with ARCA-compatible, but that's probably the closest thing to a standard system.

Since I haven't the slightest clue, can I use any ball head for my bogen tripod? My vanguard has a nice quick release whereas my bogen has the non quick release thing on a pan head. I like the bogen a lot more and would like to get a nice ballhead for it that I can trust my camera hanging upside down with. I had a ball head but a piece on the quick release snapped in half.

Take the ballhead off your vanguard and try it on the bogen. Then if it fits, you can buy another vanguard ball head just like it and then all the plates will match.

Take the ballhead off your vanguard and try it on the bogen. Then if it fits, you can buy another vanguard ball head just like it and then all the plates will match.

Why you gotta make cents?

Why you gotta make cents?

Well, I have to find ways to be economical so that I can save money for better glass and to upgrade camera bodies. Sorry ;)

Most reactions

Back