Balloon Fest

photoman720

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going to a balloon fest in our town later tonight (6:00 PM-7:30 PM). I am going to be close to the balloons so I am going to use a 50mm f/1.8 prime lens. Any ideas on how compose the shots?

how close are we talking aboot?

About 50 ft from the launching place.

Cool, get one of the sun shining through a balloon for me! (at least lighting one up from the middle) Try metering off the edge of the balloon where the sun isn't. Do check out what has been done though. ;)

mike

Cool, get one of the sun shining through a balloon for me! (at least lighting one up from the middle) Try metering off the edge of the balloon where the sun isn't. Do check out what has been done though. ;)

mike
I will try. How do i meter of the edge where the sun isnt. Does that mean set the exposure where the sun isnt?

Use your spot meter on a part that is about medium grey, or just check what the meter says (in matrix) for general shots and set it to that in manual mode. Try to use f8 or above so if normal exposure is f5.6 @1/500 go to f8 @1/250. Be sure to chimp a lot and just play with it and have a good time.

If you use your spot meter, don't forget to reset it when you are done! Don't ask me why ;).

mike

Rebel's dont have spot meters. If you're goign to be 50 feet away, I'd use a wider lens, somethign in the 24-16mm range.

LOL! it's non-conformist!

Rebel's dont have spot meters. If you're goign to be 50 feet away, I'd use a wider lens, somethign in the 24-16mm range.
I agree wide-angles are probably better for this especially if you are close.

Alright here are some of the pictures. They were hard to take and didnt turn out too great....

Thanks. Any critique? I used my 50mm f/1.8 lens. A lot of moving around with that lens.

Most reactions

Back