Balloon Festival help?*lots of pics*

zoe08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photoartclub.net
So this semester I am in a photojournalism/documentary class. And we had to shoot an even for this assignment. I went to a Balloon festival, only it was early this morning so the lighting was terrible! Most if the balloons are exposed right, the sky is white. And if the sky is exposed right then the balloons are underexposed.

Anyways here are some pics. I have to show the best 10 in class. I didnt really crop much but I know some need to be cropped, I just wasn't sure how so if you have any suggestions please let me know! I did do a little bit of saturation and contrast in Photoshop, but that's all I know how to do. And I am on a laptop, so those of you with calibrated monitors please let me know if the color is off any.

Thanks so much!

balloon1.jpg

balloon2.jpg

balloon3.jpg

balloon4.jpg

balloon5.jpg

balloon6.jpg

For some photojournalistic coverage you would need a series of pics that tell the story and convey the overall atmosphere. So don't worry too much about white skies when you photographed against the light (though with balloon pics I find it always best to photograph them with the sun in your back, then you photograph into the blue of the sky and the balloon are lit by the light and you get lovely colours).

So - going with my words about overall atmosphere - I find that your photos 3 and 12 are there to take over that part. (8 would be another one there but shows motion blur).

Aesthetically I find that 2 speaks to me much as well as 6.
There is more in Photo 5, but I fear you would have to work hard on that one to bring it out...

As you yourself say, others will need to be cropped here and there.
But out of the 12 you posted, I like the four I mentioned best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back