Balloon Release

tr0gd0o0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ethan_ball0012.jpg

This was taken during a balloon release for an infant who is at St. Judes with leukemia. The idea of a balloon release is that the balloons spread out and fall to the ground eventually. When they do, the cards provide information for the finder.

I would not have had a clue what was going on without that explanation. I think perhaps a better photo could have been gotten out of this. The exposure gamut also seems unusually narrow (i.e it goes from dark to midrange and then blown out with little in between).

Well hope you won't take this wrong, but not knowing the story line here, my guess would be it was a Birthday Party at a Seniors Home ??

I don't think theres much here to go with the theme... everyone in the shot is out of focus, and main subject has back to camera..

I really think the launch shots should have been done outside..

Composition/ focus/ nothing shows theme??

you must have a strong storyline for every photograph you take. what is your story here ? honestly speaking, this one looks like a picture taken by a point-and-shoot kid who got his first digital camera ever - please, no hard feelings.

the big dark head and back of the guy in foreground is saying nothing at all. would have been considerable if you got a child's face under mellow sunlight with shining eyes, blowing the balloon instead. that would have added a contrast of ages with the older ladies in the blur behind.

keep trying, you'll get much better ones.

Most reactions

Back