zendianah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4webnq6.jpg

I meant lighting set up. NOT lightning... I cant edit that.

Nice StraightForward shot. Good catch light. Maybe Just me but I would like to see a little more of the top of his head and a little less body. He looks "stuck" in the frame, like he is about to bust out of the top.
See what I mean? He looks wedged in there IMO

I agree with John here..I think you got a really cool shot but I would like to see more of his head and less of his body..

I do think though, that the face that he looks "wedged" in there is due to the position of his body.

Nice job though.

Thanks guys!! Should I maybe crop it differently. This pic isn't cropped at all.. So I screwed up the top of his head. I will post the whole band later..

I agree with John here..I think you got a really cool shot but I would like to see more of his head and less of his body..

I do think though, that the face that he looks "wedged" in there is due to the position of his body.

Nice job though.

agreed... :).. I'm learning!! Not a pro yet.. just keep getting hired for these cool assignments... Dont know why.. I'm very honest with my client. I don't pretend I'm awesome.. or toot my own horn. He just likes my personality...

It might be me but this lighting seems a bit to flat, you have no ratio to give depth to the face. Try turning down your fill light, or even turn it off and see how that looks.

SpeedTrap, I agree. The lighting looks flat. You want your fill to be a decent amount lower f-stop then your main. You may even need Gobos or Barndoors to keep your fill from spilling into your main light and vice versa. You could probably even get away with a one light setup on this...by the looks of the picture your lights are very close together, and pretty close to the camera (angle wise). I'd try moving them out a bit, or dropping one of them all together.

Very nice, this photo give very weird feeling when you look at it, which is good especially for band pic and thing like that. It has a very formal yet wild look to it. I like it.

I disagree with the the more head and less body critique, I think the composition fit the purpose of the picture. Hope that help.

... but Zen i must totally disagree with above comments. i do not at all find the subject cramped or need to be "moved" around in frame - i tend to favor a more artistic look & frequently shoot bands & this shot totally rocks my face off... and holy cow this effect is not flat?! *lol* its the new look: its different, artistic and i wish i could edit like that! haha Opposers should check out editing such as the movie 300, LOTR & any modern musik mag ;) KUDOS & exquisitly done! ciao

It's 1 AM and I should be hitting the sac but one thing that stood out to me was ALL the noise in his suit. Was it severely underexposed or did you put it there purposefully?

Otherwise, the tones and overall feel are perfect :)

Good photo, but for me the eyes seem overly sharp/white/PP'd.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back