band photo critiques

Mike888

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
CaulfieldSharp.jpg

Well, eventually someone will come round and tell you that it is very artistic to have the lead singer's head cut off in this photo, but I won't be the one.

To me (and I'm not a good critique, so don't take me too seriously) this looks like an amateur shot gone wrong.

If I had taken this one, I'd throw it out.

LaFoto said:
If I had taken this one, I'd throw it out.

You're brave :lol:
If I were to have posted this critique (even in jest), photoprinces and others would have had a holliday on me.

I've seen worse postings, but I've learned not to make my comments too negative.

:oops: You think I come across as too harsh here, canonrebel??? :oops:
Oh dear, I didn't mean to.
But actually I have read "I'd trash it" on here (or in the Gallery?) before, so I thought one could say it.
If not... I apologize. I really do.

This said, I still don't like this photo, though, for the very reason that the lead singer's head has been cut off...

Photoprinces??? Canon, why do you continue to bait the members here with this stuff? I think LA Foto was honest and pretty tactful.

Mike888 - I'm not sure what the focus of this shot is. The guitarist has his head chopped off and is out of focus. The crowd seems to be in focus but are they the subject of this photo? The angle of the photo makes me feel like the band is falling off of the stage. Keep trying! :D

The subject matter doesn't do much for me but I do like the angle that was used. It looks like an image altered in PS with all the noise, lines, etc. The missing head is of no concern to me. Seems anything goes these days in all art forms...some like this and some like that. I do like the expressions of some audience members; the guy clinching his fists and the other with his hands raised...seems they were really into the noise these guys were making :wink:

Do you have any other pics from this shoot to offer?

i agree with all of you, i just wanted to throw that one up here because i didn't know how I personally felt about it, and i wanted some advice.

anyways here are some others of the photoshoot

as always, comments of any form are welcome!
caulfield3.jpg

Caulfield2bw.jpg

i know im gonna get ripped apart about the contrast on this one.

i actually like high contrast shots...and im a drummer...so i like the third...

the first is great too...it shows emotion and it conveys the message you are trying to get across...these shots look like they belong in an AP magazine or something...

md

thanks alot, yeah these were the better of the photo shoot

LaFoto said:
:oops: You think I come across as too harsh here, canonrebel??? :oops:
Oh dear, I didn't mean to.
But actually I have read "I'd trash it" on here (or in the Gallery?) before, so I thought one could say it.
If not... I apologize. I really do.

This said, I still don't like this photo, though, for the very reason that the lead singer's head has been cut off...

LaFoto, Your opinion is the same as mine. :D I personally think your critique is "right-on". I see this image totally in the same light as you do, but I've lost the courage to express my opinions unless they are oohs and awhs.

My comment to you was mostly in appreciation of your sincere honesty.

I would also say that a critique from you would mean more to me than most others. I'm also a fan of your submissions.

Sorry if you were offended by my comment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back