Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
trio.jpg

sorry i shoulda posted the details!

Canon D10
85mm prime lens
shutter 1/90
f/1.8
contrast adjusted & slight sepia toning in photoshop.

I think its great... Not an ordinary thing to photograph which makes it stand out more, for me at least.. I never think to take shots like that.

holy crap mark :shock:
that is firggin amazing, and tottaly not the norm from you, it's great to see something else besides NZ beaches (not to say I dont like your beach shots, I love them too :D)
how did you get the background like it? cause I thoguht it was ps at first, cause it looks like it's zooming out or something...

I like it. I confess I thought you'd done motion blur or something in PS at first, which diminished the impact it had on me. Then I noticed that f stop and thought, Well now! :cheer:

Q: Why the decision to go sepia? I think it softens what should be a tack-sharp image in stark B&W. Just curious.

It's a great image, regardless. :D

thanks for comments

terri - here's a version in colour and straight greyscale:

colour:
trio2.jpg

greyscale:
trio1.jpg

sepia flavour:
trio.jpg

I totally agree, the greyscale puts the most emphasis on the razor sharpness of the razor tape, though the colour also looks sharp with the blueness of the blades.

I do love DOF factor of 1.8, however I would have to admit that this type of image is quite hard to do well[/i ] in pshop! Typically it can take up 3-5 layers just to get the DOF right (not to mention time!) - whew - now my camera takes care of that for me! Wohooo I love that new lens!

Hey, cool - thanks for posting the other versions! :D

You may not believe this, but I actually think I like the color version best here. I agree the blue of the razor also enhances its sharpness - BUT what I like the best with the color version is that the background is orangey - and these colors are perfect complements of each other on the color wheel. So, it's just a bitchin' good color shot, IMHO.

I'm happy I got to see them all laid out like that. :thumbsup:

Excellent shot. I love shallow dof shots. It's hard to get a good shot when it's that shallow though. You got just the right amount in focus :)

vonnagy said:
I do love DOF factor of 1.8, however I would have to admit that this type of image is quite hard to do well[/i ] in pshop!

I see you are making good use of your new lense. I like the abstract look and the DOF used is great. I agree, a smoothed DOF transition is very hard to do in Photoshop.

I seem to like the sephia version more but all three are still nice to look at. Good work, Mark.

Most reactions

Back