Barcelona '09 - People Street Candids

GeorgeUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbmwforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, haven't posted for a while, really snowed under at work.

Hope you enjoy a selection of shots from my most recent holiday in Barcelona last month.

Tried to get some people shots, locals and tourists to get a feel for the place. Barcelona is a very characterful city, certainly charming. For out and out interest regarding people to photograph, I found it less fun than Amsterdam, but still I'm quite happy with this selection of shots.

Taken with a 70-200L, typically at f/4. Shot in RAW, imported into Lightroom. 'Antique Photo' filter applied. Touch of P'shop with a high pass filter.

Feedback welcome as always!

IMG_5655mod.jpg

IMG_5859mod.jpg

IMG_5967mod.jpg

IMG_6427mod.jpg

IMG_6583mod.jpg

IMG_7006mod.jpg

IMG_7057mod.jpg

IMG_5312mod.jpg

I think all of these are excptional. I love street photography. Well done.

Wow i need to go out and try street photography i like the one with the cig behind the guy. Awesome

Thanks for the feedback and compliments. :thumbup:

I really enjoy street photography, trying to capture the atmosphere of a foreign city through the details is a challenge, but an enjoyable one! :D

I was worried that the pp technique was blowing out the highlights a touch?

like said im pretty sure he just used lightroom's antique photo filter

I LOVE these! I'm too timid to try street photography, but secretly I would really love to try it!! Great job! Really like the one of the little boy... who am I kidding, I like them all! ;)

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, what kinda pp did you do?

Thanks once again for the feedback/compliments :)

The pp, as Inst!nct quite rightly suggests is Lightroom's 'Antique Photo' filter. Have to be a bit careful as it has a tendancy to overexpose in areas.

I LOVE these! I'm too timid to try street photography, but secretly I would really love to try it!! Great job! Really like the one of the little boy... who am I kidding, I like them all! ;)

It's quite intimidating at first but you soon get used to it after you start getting some keepers.

The best candids are the ones where the subject doesn't know you are photographing them - you get the most natural expressions and capture the emotion at the time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back