Barfastic is new!

barfastic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone!

Who am i?

My name is Michael Vartholomaios (yeah its a mouthful, hence my nickname Barf, and my internet Alias Barfastic - cause im also quite fantastic :p). Im Greek/American, born and raised in Long Island, NY till i was 7, and then moved to Greece till last year. Since last year i have been studying in London, at City University following an MSc in Electronic Publishing (website design, Human Computer Interaction, Online Journalism, etc)

My history with photography

since i was 13 i had a camera (35mm film for that matter) in my hands. When i turned 17 i worked all summer long as a bartender at a nightclub of my village, Kardamyla which is located on the island of Chios. With the money i had literally sweated for, i went and purchased a Film SLR camera (Nikon F60) and a nice Sigma zoom lens. From there i was always visitng places to take pictures, of which most i have exposed myself in my highschool / university dark room (i worked with B/W film as well as colour, but colour was a real hassle, and i didnt have the time or the willpower to sit and mix the chemicals everytime). During my last 2 years of college, i had very little time to continue my hobby, and so i grew astray from it. I had been using a Sony W300 POS camera those years. Just yesterday i went and purchased a DSLR (Sony a350 + an 18-70 lens) in hopes of more free time and a new introduction to the digital world of photography.

Why did i join?

I joined this forum in hopes of learning new techniques, and methods of photography.

What gear do i want to buy in the next month?

Tamron 90mm Di Macro lens
Sigma 70-300 zoom lens
Assortment of Filters
Lens adapter to be able to mount my old film SLR lens (55-200) to my new DSLR

Sorry for the wall of text but i like introducing myself as i would in real life :D

Hello and welcome. I like it that you gave us some history on yourself. Sounds like your ready to have some fun with your new equipment! :D

Hello Michael, and welcome. Thanks for the informative intro :thumbup:

(Your screenname makes me giggle)

Most reactions

Back