Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF, ASA 800

000000_021_F800_1.jpg

Bigger here

What an awesome looking Owl. Nice capture...might want to take some of the background noise out

Holy noise batman!

Guys, this is shot on film... it's grain, in my personal opinion it adds to photograph.

Nice shot, battou! You've made a shot with the vivitar 400 crisp! I'm having trouble nailing the focus with that lense, even with digital and sharpening.

Man, heavy GRAIN ... was that Kodak or Fuji 800 film ?

:lol: :p :lmao:

When you cropped ... was there a reason to remove the lower part of the body (feet) ?

I think the owl noticed you. How far away were you ?

Guys, this is shot on film... it's grain, in my personal opinion it adds to photograph.

Nice shot, battou! You've made a shot with the vivitar 400 crisp! I'm having trouble nailing the focus with that lense, even with digital and sharpening.

Perhaps it's not a focusing issue, The Vivitar 400mm is not exactly a light lens and at f/5.6 it's not exactly the fastest either, it's entirely possible it's minute vibration in your hands.

Man, heavy GRAIN ... was that Kodak or Fuji 800 film ?

:lol: :p :lmao:

When you cropped ... was there a reason to remove the lower part of the body (feet) ?

I think the owl noticed you. How far away were you ?

Fuji Superia from off the drugstore shelves.

As for the crop it was actually shot like that cuz I have this bird portrait thought going on in my head constantly, for some odd reason I just seem to do that insteinctively alot, the cropping was to remove a lot of access tree from the background....

here is the uncroped shot:
000000_021_F800_1_2_3_4_5.jpg

Yeah, he found me, I can't remember, couldn't have been more than seventy feet, he was right there.

But this is a heavily cropped 800 speed film frame, No can do, Noise filters do not work on film grain.

Do so :sexywink:

Wanna see?

Cheers, Don

I've seen it and was not impressed The American Kestrel by Battou - Photo Lucidity I won't do it again reguardless of the possibilities. The visibility of the grain in this one is an error on my part as I over sharpened it after exausting my self trying to remove serious color casting of the old film and correcting blown highlights, but that is all beside the point, I am aware of the mistake and know better for the next time.

Well, whether or not you consider it a mistake it's a Good shot (with character) :)

Cheers, Don

Thanks

Noise filters do not work on film grain.

mine do I can send you a PM if you want a quick edit of the shot

Nah, I've already turned down one offer, Perhaps at some point in the future when I have some spare time and no new photos to process, I'll reprocess it with out the mistake but for now I'll just live with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back