Barn Owl

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a simple picture here really taken at a local photography seminar near by. Haven't posted anything in nature really and thought I would give it a shot. C/C welcome and thanks for looking!

Barn-Owl.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely shot! You got such good detail in the feathers, I like the positioning of its head and the way the owl is perched on the stump, and the green background makes the image pop. I really like this one

Last edited:
I like it. It's winking! Love the green in the background and like the above post states, the feathers are focused good.

I need to get to a place where I can practice my bird shots more... Too many cats around here and they are skittish at times.... :/ Might go to the zoo soon and take a ton and see what I get. :)

Thanks for the comments. I Haven't been out to capture many nature imagaes, so this makes me feel good about it. Now its time to go out and get some more!

Very good shot. Uncluttered blurred background, clear view of the bird which is looking into the space within the frame. Focus also looks good. One thing a judge commented on on with a similar bird pic was that he preferred it to be looking to the right as this is the natural line the eye follows but he was being very picky with a pic that was stunning. If I got a similar shot I would try flipping it just to see how it worked if I was going to enter it into a comp based on his comments.

beautiful!! congrats!..

I think that while the tonality and contrast are fine, I think if you could brighten up the highlights on the feathers a tad, like 2 or 3 points it might make it more catchy because I'm finding it a little bit dull on the lighter feathers.. but just a technicality.

You have a beautiful shot. :thumbup:

Very nice! Composition and focus are great. If I had one nit, it would be that it could use a little more front lighting -- possibly with fill flash. Good job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back