Barns!

fstop23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stefaniecannonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Barns are the American castles: they're big, regal, usually crumbling, sometimes scary/intimidating, and one of my favorite architectures. I shot these w/ my 4x5 using color film. Scanned the negatives and used photoshop to apply a duotone. Enjoy!

rt99.jpg

perrylane.jpg

fullshot.jpg

campbell'spottery.jpg

reichertroad.jpg

I don't understand why you tilted the top of the frame of the last one out of focus.

cause I wanted the brightest part of the silo where the ladder is to be in focus.
i also had the camera tilted down and shifted the front up so that there would be upward divergence...did that in #s 1 and three as well

Hmm...not really digging them. Sorry. Too centered. Nice to see somebody somewhat local.

These are cool. Though I'm not a fan of selective colouring, I think that look sort of good if you did it on the barns. Maybe worth a try?

-Will

They look interesting. Could you show us them in the orginal color?

here are the barns in color. mind you, these are not edited (other than very minor curves adjustments) so there is dust, no cropping..etc. The real reason they were in duotone is because i did this for an assignment in my digital class way back in the day. and since i didn't shoot w/ a dig camera, i had to do some sort of digital manipulation.

rt99color.jpg

perrylanecolor.jpg

fullshotcolor.jpg

campbell'spotterycolor.jpg

reichertroadcolor.jpg

and here's one i forgot about...

golancerscolor.jpg

I like them better in full color. 1, 5, and 6 are the ones I like the best--I was really hoping that 4 would be a bit more vibrant (and I really like the lines and perspective in it) but perhaps the blue tarp in the lower right corner is a bit too distracting?

i agree about the tarp, i also wish the sky in 4 wasn't so white, but that's what happens with bright overcast winter days.
i think i like #5 and 6 the best. i have another like #6 that is horizontal and shows more of the barn. i'll probably post that one tonight.

I personally think they look better in the duotone myself, but that's how I like my own pics as well, b&w and sepia are my favs so I'm lovin these :D :thumbup:

I agree. They look better in color, specifically the tilted silo shot.

I'm torn... I like the duotones because it seems to add some charicter to the photos... I really notice the wear and tear... but some of the photos also have some nice color too. I like what you did here. I hope to go and take some pic's of old houses and barns in my area this summer... but I do not know if I have the guts too. :D Glad you did!! :D

Most reactions

Back