Basic Question re size and resolution

ByTheSeaForever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I am very new to photography and I have a basic question that I hope somebody would be willing to help me with. I just bought a Nikon D40 and I took some pictures in the Auto Focus mode. When I went to have them printed, which I was ordering online at CVS, I was warned after I uploaded the pictures that I should not print at this resolution. I am not sure what to do or what that means. How do I take a picture and blow it up? Thanks so much and I would love advice and ideas about how I can learn more about my new camera.

The problem is unrelated to the focus and/or exposures modes, but deals with the size of the image the camera is set to record, or more accurately, how detailed an image. I'm guessing you had your quality set to 'Low' or 'Small' and tried to print too large an image. Set your quality to 'Large' or 'Fine' and try again. You should be able to print an 8x10 with your camera.

Thank you so much, that was very helpful. I like your website and I am going to look over the mentoring opportunity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back