Basic questions

megalens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

Any advice for someone new to photography and still learning. There are few questions which I request you folks to please respond:

1-Any online resources (not a full time online course, cant afford at this point), online tutorials that could help me to establish basic and good photography skills?

2-Kindly advise what subjects I should work on in the beginning?

3-Using my manual film camera in a park, children were using skating shoes on the floor and I could n't figure out how to shoot this kind of thing (moving subject)!!!!!!!! How to focus such thing so quickly with a manual camera?

Thanks a million in advance

Hi

Any advice for someone new to photography and still learning. There are few questions which I request you folks to please respond:

1-Any online resources (not a full time online course, cant afford at this point), online tutorials that could help me to establish basic and good photography skills?

2-Kindly advise what subjects I should work on in the beginning?

3-Using my manual film camera in a park, children were using skating shoes on the floor and I could n't figure out how to shoot this kind of thing (moving subject)!!!!!!!! How to focus such thing so quickly with a manual camera?

Thanks a million in advance

Hey, I completed this basic photography course about 4 years ago. I found it extremely useful and gets you up to speed with most of the basic technical principals of photography.

http://www.schoolofphotography.com/basic_photography_course.html

It is £163 or $325 which is allot cheaper than some of the recognized basic courses.

Sounds obvious but begin with the basics. you need to understand how the camera works before you can use it to create the ideas you have in your head. I would advise you read your manual form cover to cover. Then look for online tutorials for things like Depth of Field, Rule of Thirds, Exposures, Shutter speeds and Apertures.

As for FREEZING moving objects, you will need two things. As you are using film you will need a fast film. ISO 400/800 if the objects are moving very fast. Then you will need to shoot with a high shutter speed.

However there are complications, the fast the shutter speed allows less light to enter the camera so you will need a pretty bright day or strong light source to to this.

Alternatively a flash gun positioned correctly should freeze any movement as long as your shutter speed is not too slow.

Hope that helps!

Most reactions

Back