DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
img024.jpg

Would it be better if the dice knobs were the focus will the rest got blurry?

Also is the glare on the bottom too much?
Thanks

the table is too over-exposed for the background, when I looked at this photo I thought that you had pasted 2 completely different photos together. maybe put a light under the table to light the wall and use no flash / higher f-stop.

hope this helps/works.

actually it was on my cement ground in the backyard and thats the brick wall

but ill keep that into consideration for next time putting it on a table

Your contrast seems killer in this picture, it's completely ruined the background and has even taken its toll on the body. The maple fretboard and neck dont look right, and the butt of the body also has a nice blown spot. if it is gray concrete and you didnt want the picture to look like that, adjust your white balance first. Next pic a part on the guitar you like to be in focus the most and focus there. use a low F/stop to make the rest blurry. This looks great if you focus on the bridge or the pickups, or even where the neck begins. If you want it all in focus, use a higher f/stop.

With the bass being such a long instrument it is a lot of fun to use depth of focus on. I'll snap a few of mine sometime and post em.

Maybe if you had a dark rug/carpet to put on the concrete or light background to cover the wall. The contrast between the floor and the wall detracts from the subject. I'm not into guitars, but the angle of the long bit (sorry!!) draws you to the busy wall too.

Try taking it at night with candle lighting the guitar from different angles. No flash just use a long shutter speed.

not to hijack, but I did say I would throw up some pics of my axe

bass1.jpg

Bass2.jpg

bass3.jpg

I dont like the third much. This was all done on my pooltable as I didnt feel like walking upstairs to find someplace that had a mellow background and floor to lay it on. I originally had the poollamp on so the last shot is bright. The first one is with just surrounding lights on, shutter speed is 3 seconds, whereas the brighter one is 1/8. f/4.5 for both the body shots, 5.6 for the neck shot with 1/10th. ISO is 200 for numbers 2 and 3, 400 for number 1. let me know what you think.

DeepSpring said:
i like the first one the most except for the little bit off in the left corner.
number 2 is also really cool

yeah, like I said I didnt really feel like moving around to find a nice studio style shot, it was more just to show a few examples of how you can do it.

so lets see some more shots of your axe now :)

I took a few of my esp last night but since its film i have to finish off the roll and get it developedso a few more days.

Most reactions

Back