Batch processing RAW images

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can someone tell me how to do this please? I have 400 images from a wedding shot in RAW. I want to open the raw image, apply the auto WB setting and auto color/tint/sat/contrast etc. Then open the image, resize it and save it. Can someone give some hints how to accomplish this w/ Photoshop CS2 please? I made an action which will resize it and put a copyright signature on it, but I know there is a way to include the steps of the initial raw adjustments in batch processing right?

Photoshop is the worst thing you can do if you're batch processing. Photoshop is designed to work on one image at a time, not 400.

You need RAW workflow software if you're going to be batch editing. Capture one, Aperture, or Lightroom.

Photoshop is the worst thing you can do if you're batch processing. Photoshop is designed to work on one image at a time, not 400.

You need RAW workflow software if you're going to be batch editing. Capture one, Aperture, or Lightroom.

This could not be further from the truth!!!

You can select all the images together and open them (in Adobe Camera Raw)

One open hit the "select all" tab and apply the auto amendments you want. Then save (or done).

Then go to Image Processor in Photoshop. File>Scripts>Image Processor.

Select the folder of RAW images and select the folder to save them to. As you have an action to run, you enter the action at the bottom and away you go.

Photoshop is very good at batch processing but I must say it's slower than in Lightroom. I use Lr to edit all my RAWs and I use Ps for those that require a little mopre work.

Thank you all so much. I've played w/ PS for several years now, but only in the last year or so have I been shooting RAW and today is the first time I've ever tried to do a batch processing. It is for a picky bride that I shot recently who wants to see a sample of every pic taken to choose her 4x6 from. I already edited by hand the best 125 for her, but she thinks I "might have missed something". First and last time that will happen. But thanks JD that works like a charm.

Thank you all so much. I've played w/ PS for several years now, but only in the last year or so have I been shooting RAW and today is the first time I've ever tried to do a batch processing. It is for a picky bride that I shot recently who wants to see a sample of every pic taken to choose her 4x6 from. I already edited by hand the best 125 for her, but she thinks I "might have missed something". First and last time that will happen. But thanks JD that works like a charm.

Glad to have helped.

Regards
Jim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back