Batch resize

Geronimo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking at resize 200 or so photos and would really like to find a batch process instead of manually do it. Any one have a good solution for this little problem I have?

download irfanview www.irfanview.com (it's free)
file/"batch conversion/rename" and use the advanced options in there.

irfanview is great, a friend showed it to me 3 years ago, and i've found it to be indispensible ever since. it's a fine default image viewer

edit: make sure to check the "resample" box in the advanced options. it does a bicubic resample rather than a "nearest neighbor" resample like in photoshop

You can also check out this little tutorial. http://www.creativemac.com/2002/04_apr/tutorials/psbatch.htm
It walks you through recroding your own batch process which you can then apply to all those pictures you have! Its very simple and it makes life easy! You can also assign a function key to the process so in the future you just have to press a button. One word of caution make sure you got through the entire process including closing the file and selecting the compression if you are gonna save it as a jpg or any other format for that matter!

Hope this helps! :D

no problem yo, I just did the same thing myself with like 150 pictures and it was so nice not to have to do each one by hand! This is also pretty handy for lots of other things. Just glad I could help :D

Thank you for this thread! I downloaded irfanview and it converts from TIFF to JPEG and saves me about an hour for each shoot. Thank you, thank you, thank you ad nauseum.

i tried the ps actions thing last night.

the powerrrrr!!! :shaking:
i could imagine setting the use of actions as the focal point of a whole digital art project. thanks aggiezach

Most reactions

New Topics

Back