Batch Upload Web Gallery???

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have about 500 pictures TWICE a week that I need to:

1) Batch Resize - From 8 Megapixel to 800x600 and a 150x100ish thumbnail.
2) Batch Upload To Web Gallery

I have a web site (http://www.w3bolivar.com) that is PHP based, and I am comfortable with working with code. Storage isn't an issue, because I have 110 GB's available on my site. Bandwidth isn't an issue either.

Do you have any ideas on how to do EITHER one of these?

Oh my, when I saw a reply, I was hoping to get one that helped...I suppose I should have explained more.

I use FTP all the time. Sure, that's a good way to upload them to my server. However, I am needing a setup where I can ADD all the pictures to the GALLERY. I'm not speaking of the upload process, but actually getting them to appear in the gallery, without me having to create it all from scratch, or even with DreamWeaver.

Oh my, when I saw a reply, I was hoping to get one that helped...I suppose I should have explained more.

I use FTP all the time. Sure, that's a good way to upload them to my server. However, I am needing a setup where I can ADD all the pictures to the GALLERY. I'm not speaking of the upload process, but actually getting them to appear in the gallery, without me having to create it all from scratch, or even with DreamWeaver.

OIC, sorry i'll have to think about this one

Well, I have been playing around with the 'self install' apps that come with my web host, and there's one called Coppermine Photo Gallery. It has a Batch Add Files button on it... Looks like I can just choose a folder, and boom. So, all that's left is FTPing it before I select the folder. Before that, I suppose, is compressing all the files at once to a smaller size.

I will keep this topic updated, as this seems like it would be useful to a lot of people.

Alright, I got a gallery uploaded. Coppermine does it PERFECT. Try it out! Coppermine seems like a very solid, and well designed photo gallery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back