Bathing Suit Shoot ??'s

R.Robbins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.picturetrail.com
Im going to be doing a bathing suit and lingurie shoot for a friend of mine Im planning on using a 50mm F1.4 USM and a basic Two or three light setup for lighting heres my questions, should I be using reflected unbrella light? Soft diffused light, like through a pillow case or something along those line? What types of lighting setups should I be using fill/key/hair, any tips on what kind of things to watch out for? shadows, lines positions etc? any tips would be greatly apprciated, and of course I will be looking at many many other photos for examples

There is no right or wrong...you should use the lights in a way that will get the look you are going for. If we don't know what you are tying to do...we can't really offer suggestions.

I am doing something similar next weekend too. I have been practicing with a Nikon flash on my XTi, and, for me, I have found out that bouncing the flash(the flash can swivel) of the ceiling works very well. But you my need to use fill lights on the sides on the ground to make sure you don't get any dark spots.

oCyrus55 said:
I am doing something similar next weekend too. I have been practicing with a Nikon flash on my XTi, and, for me, I have found out that bouncing the flash(the flash can swivel) of the ceiling works very well. But you my need to use fill lights on the sides on the ground to make sure you don't get any dark spots.

A [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCmuExlHvM"]bounce card[/ame] and a D-I-Y reflector made of foam board and alu foil may be what you need, Cyrus.

Most reactions

Back