Bathroom Candid

DLindsey88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there!! I wanted to do something with mirrors so I caught my brother while he was brushing his teeth. I wasn't crazy about the shot, but he saw me playing with it in LR and said he liked it. Here is the pic.
$IMG_3489.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!!

Attachments

• $IMG_3489.jpg
    $IMG_3489.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 132
I would crop some off the top, to eliminate that red object on top of the medicine chest. I would crop it down so that the corner of the medicine chest JUST disappears, and you have a few millimeters just above his hair on the left side of the shot. Maybe lighten the shadows up a tiny bit with either fill light or the curves tool, depending on which version of LR you have.

How's this?
$IMG_3489.jpg
I don't know LR very well, so i just adjusted the shadows slider.

The first thing I am drawn to is the white tiles at the center of the picture. The roll of paper towel coming out of his head isn't ideal either. I wonder what it would have looked like if you had shot it in portrait orientation and included more of his shoulder. Then move behind him more to move him closer to his reflection. That would remove all the white tiles and the stuff hanging on the wall behind him.
Something more like this: but with more shoulder.
$IMG_3489.jpg

Last edited:
How's this?
View attachment 66193
I don't know LR very well, so i just adjusted the shadows slider.

Yes, that is almost exactly the crop I had in mind. I don;t mind the white tiles and washrag...that pretty much screams "bathroom shot!", so, that kind of "goes" with the idea here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back