Batteries

somnuek94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings from Paris!

This is probably the stupidest question in this forum, but I am a real beginner who really knows nothing.

I have a bridge Olympus SP-510UZ and I would like to know what is the MaH of the battery should I use 2600, 2950 or even more?
A capacity that will allow me to easily walk around and taking pictures without worries.

Finally, is it necessary to use the battery of the same brand to avoid destroying the camera?

Thanks in advance for all feedbacks.

never worry about asking a stupid question :)

we are the best at that on here :D

The MaH (Milliamp Hour) of a battery tells you how much power that battery will hold... the higher the number the longer it will last.

mixing brands of batteries is not recommended because they drain at different speeds... not a good thing. you should never mix different rated MaH batteries either for the same reason.

hope that helps :)

You'd need to check with Olympus (their site or the owners manual). If they don't say then any should do. I would suggest that you get some rechargeable batteries because the camera will eat them like mints. Much cheaper in the long run. (this will bypass the MaH question ;) )

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back