Battery Grip...significance??

Here's a way to get 8 FPS without spending $500 on the battery grip.

This is fine, but it limits you to 9 frames and you have to reset it. With a grip on the D300 ot D700 there is no trick it will just shoot that fast and keep shooting until the buffer is full. I would hate to miss a shot setting up the work around.

and just to correct a small error from this thread the D300 and D700 only shoot 5 frames per second without the work around or grip.

D700 is 5 fps, but I only said the D300 has 6 fps which is correct.

and just to correct a small error from this thread the D300 and D700 only shoot 5 frames per second without the work around or grip.
Page 408 from the D300 manual
Frame Advance rate: *With EN-EL3e (battery): Up to 6 fps
With optional MD-D10........ up to 8 fps (Ch)

Page 430 from the D700 manual
Frame Advance Rate: *With EN-EL3e (battery): ... Up to 5 fps

So yes and no. :D

Page 408 from the D300 manual
Frame Advance rate: *With EN-EL3e (battery): Up to 6 fps

Page 430 from the D700 manual
Frame Advance Rate: *With EN-EL3e (battery): ... Up to 5 fps

So yes and no. :D

I beat you to it. Your post was too detailed. I win :lol:

Good info though, I was just too lazy to post specifics.

So initially the info was good because I was specific and did my research and then moments later it is unnecessary?

I'm confused.

Oh wait.... you obviously don't understand my sarcasm. Please note my avatar. Fits of Uncontrollable Laughter and living in the State of Confusion.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.... I'm just having a laugh. :biggrin:

So initially the info was good because I was specific and did my research and then moments later it is unnecessary?

I'm confused.

Oh wait.... you obviously don't understand my sarcasm. Please note my avatar. Fits of Uncontrollable Laughter and living in the State of Confusion.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.... I'm just having a laugh. :biggrin:

But, but, but... Didn't you see my smiley? I was sending the sarcasm right back. :D (<--- See the smiley?)

Homer.jpg

There I go drinkin.... errr... I mean thinkin again.

You can find Pro grips on Ebay for not that much. If you wan to have one and not spend a ton of money on a NAME brand you can have the battery grip for the D300 for under $100 of Ebay. I used a Ebay grip on a D60 and it worked as good as my Nikon Grip on my d80. Though when I upgrade to my next camera soon(still deciding which way to go) I will probably get the no name brand grip. It works fine.

Daniel Sach
Sachphotography Fine Art Photography The homepage of Daniel Sach and his photography Company

Means you dont have to muck round with changing batterys as often.
less chance of missing a "golden moment"
and the ladies love it :)

Just to clarify a point the frames per second boost (FPS) is for NIKON camera bodies only. As far as I know no canon camera body will give you increased frames per second with the use of a battery grip.

As for the grips themselves they have several key advantages;

1) camera is easy to hold. I don't have big hands at all, but even with my smaller hands whilst holding a normal DSLR I find that there is no space for the right hand pinky finger. It just sort of falls off the bottom of the camera and rubs against the edge - very annoying. A battery grip gives you increased holding space - at last a place for that pinky finger!

2) Increased battery life and the use of 2 batteries at once. This is fantastic, you can shoot a full day and not have to change at all, heck you can even go out again the next day and shoot without having to recharge. I do still recomend having 2 spare batteries though since fewer recharge times means there is a good chance of forgetting how much you have used the camera and then - bang 0 it dies on you midshoot. So spare batteries are still important

3) Vertical shutter and camera controls - this is again another major advantage, even if your not always shooting in portrait mode its great that you no longer have to contort your arm over the camera to hold it in place whilst shooting; it takes pressure of your arm and makes switching back and forth a breeze

All in all after using a batterygrip with my 400D I won't go back to using a camera without now. Heck my grip on my 400D never comes off now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back