Battery Grip

vimwiz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
analog4eva.tumblr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a new 1100D but its really front-heavy with the 18-55 kit lens? (At rest, the back is 5mm off the ground, and it rests on the front of the lens), Is there a battery grip I can get, which will add some bulk and weight?

Got a new 1100D but its really front-heavy with the 18-55 kit lens? (At rest, the back is 5mm off the ground, and it rests on the front of the lens), Is there a battery grip I can get, which will add some bulk and weight?

I would not worry about it. You should get a battery grip because you want the grip and longer battery life not so your camera will wit level at rest.

If you think it's front heavy now, slap a 70-20mm lens on it.

I would not worry about it. You should get a battery grip because you want the grip and longer battery life not so your camera will wit level at rest. If you think it's front heavy now, slap a 70-20mm lens on it.

I got one for my first camera because the body did not fit my hand well. It also felt very awkward with the 70-200 mrkII on it. The grip solved the hand grip problem and helped balance the camera very well.

But I'm with you on how it sits on a table. If that's a problem you are not shooting enough. Lol

Got a new 1100D but its really front-heavy with the 18-55 kit lens?
That is probably one of the lightest lenses that Canon makes. So part of the issue, is that your camera is one of the smallest & lightest DSLRs that they make. I doesn't balance well at the best of times, unless you put it on a large heavy lens, and just handle the lens.

So yes, I grip will probably help, and in many more ways than just helping it sit on a table.

Got a new 1100D but its really front-heavy with the 18-55 kit lens?
That is probably one of the lightest lenses that Canon makes. So part of the issue, is that your camera is one of the smallest & lightest DSLRs that they make. I doesn't balance well at the best of times, unless you put it on a large heavy lens, and just handle the lens.

So yes, I grip will probably help, and in many more ways than just helping it sit on a table.

Yeah, that must be the issue, the lightness of the body, it weighs virtually nothing. Ill try the grip.

I mean, I used to shoot this 70-150mm before I got the digital, and it was still balanced, without a grip,apart from when at full extension.

$998639_10153500855555626_266498621_n.jpg

I guess maybe because It was heavier, having a lot of weight in the body in terms of batteries etc... Whereas in comparison the 18-55 on the DSLR feels like its pulling down the front all the time.

Most reactions

Back