Batu caves, KL, Malaysia

hovis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a few from the weekends trip to the Batu caves, a temple (national monument also) set in the southernmost limestone outcrop in the northern hemisphere, rising from around 45m above sea level to around 130 ish....

The view of the main entrance as you approach...

batucavesentrance.jpg

There are smaller temple ..things, either side of the main entrance..

leftsidemainentrance.jpg

lefthandtemple.jpg

Then you realise what a ***** of a climb up it is......

feckinlongwayup.jpg

200 odd steps and only half way.....

nearlythre.jpg

Then when you get to the top, there is a temple or two inside...

templeinside.jpg

(not all photogenic..)

On the way, I asked one of the locals for a bit of a hand (to try to ward off the impending heart attack), and this is all the reaction you get...

youaskforhelp.jpg

They're very defensive once they've knicked something as well....

Istoleit-itsmine.jpg

General skyline view of KL on the way home, with rain over the centre

klskyline.jpg

Hope you like

Wow, what an amazing place! In that first picture the first thing I thought was, "OMG, I wouldn't want to climb those!"

The first thing I thought was "Wow, nice crags. I wonder if they mind climbers, as long as they keep a respectful distance from the temples?" A quick check on Wikipedia revealed that climbing is permitted. They must be popular with climbers in KL.

Thanks for showing us these.

Best,
Helen

That's a pretty incredible sight. I like how the height of the statue is about the same height in the image as the stairs.

Beautiful photos, and I'm in love with that monkey with a yellow thing pic. :thumbsup:

Beautiful photos, and I'm in love with that monkey with a yellow thing pic. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the comments guys - and it's an apple....

Question, what's with the vignette on the last one? Lens hood?

Most reactions

Back