bay bridge at night

leeroix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well, i went out to get another shot of the bay bridge. this time in the rain. -although i wanted it to be raining harder - for more effect, but this is a 6 shot vertical pano. i have some others, one with slightly better color, but photoshop is having a hard time stitching them together. (anyone recommend another program -perhaps better- to stitch?) anyway, the detail in the original is insane. shot with my 70-200 2.8, and edited in photoshop.

bay bridge deck shot by keips66, on Flickr
thanks runnah, for the idea.
click the on the bar at the top, or the picture and go to flickr, then view on black :)

Last edited:
What a great shot! Love to see Californian's using blinkers for lane changes!

LMAO.... yes I have to say the lane changes make this image for me.

Very nice work.

Awesome, that came out exactly how I imagined it would.

right on guys! any ideas on the stitching? fyi, i was very careful to make sure the tripod was completely level, so as i panned up, it was only moving on a vertical axis. and still, photoshop struggles...

anyone heard of this: PTGui ? is it good? better than CS6?

I didn't see any issues with the stitching! You done good!

That said, do you use turn signals? Hmmm? ;)

I'd hang this on my wall in an instant.

Nice! Pull the bridge out of there.. and you would have one hell an interesting abstract....

^thanks man! I'm pretty happy with it too. the one above was not giving me an issue with stitching.

partialshot by keips66, on Flickr
this one. which i like slightly better, is giving me hell. but anyway, here is the detail I'm talking about.

and yes, i try to use turn signals. and when our new printer shows up next month, I'm going to go big with it. it prints metallic ink too...

Thats really clever. Patience is an essence and you have got a perfect shot!

Well done.

The problem with portrait orienation shots is it's really hard to see the details that YOU might see in photoshop. In web viewing, on an average sized monitor, the details are just nearly impossible to see. I have 24" monitors at home, and still a portrait shot is hard to truly appreciate in the browser.

I like the exact centered-ness of this and the tight, formal composition.

I'm sure it would make a great poster. Have you tried toying around with the color temperature a bit? Not that I see this temp as wrong (it's a bit cool), but often WB can really impact the final result of a night shot.

Most reactions

Back