BCE Place

Sand_On_The_Breeze

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
BCE Place in downtown Toronto. Comments and suggestions welcomed. Thanks for looking.

48167050_8aa4567aed_o.jpg

Cool shot Sand. Dontcha just dig that roof?

love the shot...but what does bce stand for??...(thinking british columbia exchange..or bace's entryway.....but, i could be wrong...)

Woah, I was just there this past weekend. Good to see a fellow Torontonian here.
Great shot technically, BUT every time you push your shutter release you MUST think of what your subject is. The 2 lights are struggling for attention: there are SO MANY leading lines pointing to the second light further down and it is right in the lower left third, a very strong position. But the foreground light is bigger and it's in focus. :| Therefore the eye doesn't know where the subject is and keeps wandering around the image.

PS. I've always found streetlights to be distracting. :(

Thanks for the suggestions Sash. I didn't just want to shoot the roof, which is impressive, but isn't interesting on its own. So I deliberately included the lamps. But I see what you mean.

As for what BCE stands for I think it has something to do with Bell Canada.

Cool shot captured well. I was in there last week to repair one of our printers but left the camera in the car. Will have to takea few pics next time.

Eric

Very nice photo. I really like the roof on that building.

Yes, totally, like I said, I was in the place just days ago and took a couple snapshots - the leading lines the roof and overall architecture creates are very tempting to shoot but sadly they are useless without a good subject. In fact my shots were both very similar to yours except I shot wideangle from the entrance. There's a very different feel to my picture though it is shot in the same place :)
BcePlace.jpg

a very dirty job with diffuse glow filter.
Instead of concentrating on a specific object, I made the entire top part of the frame my subject, more so around the bottom left third where the roof converges to the ground. This picture is more of a study of how light interacts with its environment than inquiry into a specific object and it's surroundings. It's nothing spectacular, mind you, I wouldn't even bother posting it if not for your post.

I guess the point Im trying to make is that there's always a good subject to pick, if you can't see one just don't push shutter release untill you do. Im guessing you shoot digital, so do I starting recently but I've shot film for a long while, the costs associated with film, processing etc. taught me to put the most I can into every shot i.e. never push shutter release untill I REALLY see something in the viewfinder.

... don't mean to hijack your thread with my photo :)

Most reactions

Back