Be careful of where you pre-order your D4 at!

JerryPH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, just a little thing to watch for... some places that are accepting pre-orders for the D4 are charging your credit card the FULL PRICE and not doing what most others are doing... which is accepting your order and not charging your credit card until they ship yours.

This is what B&H tried to do to me... I now have 1 additional month of interest charges for $6000US on my credit card to pay... and no D4 in my hands. Thanks B&H, but I am **never** buying from you guys again.

I'm placing my order over at Adorama, who, after I called and confirmed, said they would not charge my credit card until they shipped.

Nice way to lose a customer that gives you several thousand dollars a year in sales B&H! My money all goes to Adorama from now on!

I've never bought from B&H always from Adorama and now I'm thankful for it. Thanks for the heads up. Runs to look for latest statment*

Well, I'd be pretty upset too.

Have you contacted B&H and voiced your displeasure? That would be the first thing I would do.

That said, this is why I always pay cash for my gear. I NEVER put toys on credit.... that's for the stuff I must have, not want.

As has been mentioned, have you called B&H and asked about this? I've ordered from B&H many, many times, have never had any problems whatsoever, and have always found their service to be absolutely first class.

Well not so for me, and many others who have pre-ordered from B&H. I just checked and there's only a hold for the amount but NO CHARGES on my CC. As far as I know you are the only person who has reported a charge from a pre-order...perhaps you should call B&H?

B&H initially pulled the cash out of my checking account... but it was back in the next day.... so no big deal! Clerical error or something. B&H is very reputable and easy to work with... as is Adorama.

Have you contacted B&H and voiced your displeasure? That would be the first thing I would do.

That said, this is why I always pay cash for my gear. I NEVER put toys on credit.... that's for the stuff I must have, not want.

Calling and saying something would be my first move.

...but about not putting toys on credit. I use my credit card for as much as possible because of cash back and rewards points and all that stuff. As well, my card has 0% interest, so, not only do I accumulate rewards using the card, I also accumulate interest on my checking account, since the money sits there and grows until the credit card bill comes in.

Putting stuff on credit, and having an outstanding balance that you can't really afford are two entirely different things.

The B&H website says that nothing will be charged to your account until the item ships, so clearly, something is awry with this order. I have never had a problem with B&H. I love it because if I order before 3 or 4pm, I get the item at my home in Maryland the NEXT DAY with UPS Ground. That's amazing to me.

I find Adorama is good too but their sales people are REALLY pushy in my experience, so I stick with B&H.

The B&H website says that nothing will be charged to your account until the item ships, so clearly, something is awry with this order. I have never had a problem with B&H. I love it because if I order before 3 or 4pm, I get the item at my home in Maryland the NEXT DAY with UPS Ground. That's amazing to me.

I find Adorama is good too but their sales people are REALLY pushy in my experience, so I stick with B&H.

This has been my exact experience as well. I shopped at Adorama once and their customer service turned me right off. B&H has always been helpful and responsive.

I dont expect many members order one on this forum :)

I never place an order that they don't have in stock. If I find that they don't have it, I just cancel the order and go to someone else. That means I don't pre-order things too.

B&H and Adorama are both very nice companies. In fact the owners of the two companies are cousins. So, in a sense, no matter who you prefer, your money is pretty much staying in the family.

Most reactions

Back