Be Gentle Please!

Thorniest Whisper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is my first post in this forum. Did you ever see the SNL skit "The Office Computer Network Guy?" Well, I am not him.

The River Poetress

Not bad at all. Since we can't see the bank of the river, we can't really tell what it is though. Just looks like a backdrop.

Personally, I am immediately reminded of the photos of Lewis Caroll. River Poetress has a very "artist of the 19th century" appeal. Is she a theater actress? Is she in front of a background? I think she is writing her next sonnet in her mind, and that moment has been captured. You may want to continue with that style. In my opinion you are definitely on to something.

Craig- Thank you for the Lewis Caroll remark. I have been a fan of his work for many years now. I appreciate your comments as they reflect the intent of my design.

The subject is a poet. She has recently completed her book proposal and is hopeful she will soon be published. She also appreciates your comments.

The "back drop" issue on this series of photos continues to pop up. All I can say is that it was a perfect Wisconsin morning. The shot was taken early in the morning while the mist hovered at the river's edge.

thorni

very nice composition however I do agree with the backdrop comments. It almost appears to be a wall. The only suggestion I have is to try difference angles, perhaps with the poet a little closer to the tree if that would show more of the river.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back