Be the change

PrestonS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Friend of mine is starting a new company and she wanted a 'theme' shot that represented her company. We came up with this. I go back and forth on the feeling that it is a bit overly saturated but the colored stones were pretty brightly colored. Also wish I'd lit from the right rather than the left to avoid some of the shadows. C&C always welcome.

DSC_4030.jpg by turboskipper, on Flickr

well, i think the object is fine with all its ornate extravaganza, but should have given a second thought to a deadly dominating back ground...

How about a world map...... which goes out of focus beyond the body by using a low DOF?

Regards :D

Very nice image. I like as is.

well, i think the object is fine with all its ornate extravaganza, but should have given a second thought to a deadly dominating back ground...

How about a world map...... which goes out of focus beyond the body by using a low DOF?

Regards :D

I did actually think about some sort of world map. I felt the texture of the table almost created a world map kind of feel. Thanks for the suggestion.

I like it as is too. The background color goes nicely with bracelet.

Well, what does said company plan to do? This would help when advising you on how to make theme.

Well, what does said company plan to do? This would help when advising you on how to make theme.

The company is called Buy the Change and they sell products made by women in third world countries. Often the products are made from recycled materials from the area. The idea is to offer jobs and sell products at fair trade prices to help the women escape sex trade and similar industries. I'd share a website but they don't have it ready quite yet. Thanks for looking!

The company is called Buy the Change and they sell products made by women in third world countries. Often the products are made from recycled materials from the area. The idea is to offer jobs and sell products at fair trade prices to help the women escape sex trade and similar industries. I'd share a website but they don't have it ready quite yet. Thanks for looking!

This I like. I think the idea you have is very fitting and could work well. I think the map idea would translate well also. Do you have the exif date for the picture above?

Looks like the aperture needed to be stopped down a bit more. Part of the bracelets are somewhat out of focus on the top left edge. Also I would find a cleaner version of the wood circle with the printing on it to use for the photo. This one looks old and shabby and a bit unprofessional. Jewelry looks pretty nice though. The colors bring a lot to the photo.

I think that the front surface needs to be brighter. That should be the area to which you are directing the viewer's eye. As it is, it's too dark and it's sort of lost in the brighter background.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Good points. EXIF data is there if you click on the link to flickr but here it is as well...

Camera Nikon D90
Exposure 1.6
Aperture f/13.0
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 200

I think there is just too much bright stuff pulling my eye.
Why not make it real clear what the person should be looking at?

Rough edit -

6804888803292f3f0d36bll.jpg

it is because i liked this image that i wanted to play with it. Actually i wanted to remove that border and change the colors to blue-green Earth like, but miserably failed in that and ended up this way.... (actually it is the patterns on the back ground that prompted me think "global"

Regards and regrets for any bad interpretation

changelll.jpg

of course this is rough.
on full negative, one would treat the stones and sides carefully according to whether they are in the sun or shade and you'd want a globe that had recognizable land-masses but this is the idea.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back