Be Very Very afraid.... worse then 2 dobermans...

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my roosters that is usually in his stall in the horse barn.. that is until our old rooster who is approx 12 years old passes on.. never did we think we would end up with another watch dog.. this guy pretends he is eating.. minding his own business ...but when he gets close enough watch out.... i know he is lucky a pot is not in his future.. but maybe alot of time spent in the stall is ... he is a beauty ..and i think spring is bringing the worst out in him.. probably simmer down as summer comes on.. i know if he could pick up this rock.. he would have thrown it at me..lol...
1-rooster 022.JPG
1-rooster 062.JPG

He is giving some great attitude there..lol

Had to laugh at this... One Saturday morning I heard a rooster that sounded close so I looked out a window and there it was, trotting thru my side yard. Now I do live in a small town about 10-15 minutes outside a medium city and there are farms in the area.

I went and looked out front since I kept hearing the thing and it was circling around in my front yard; started up the street, did a U-turn and went down the road right in the middle of the street. It was about time for the fair and I wondered if it was some kid's 4-H project that got loose. If it was heading to the fair grounds it had a ways to go!

You got some nice pictures of it.

Had to laugh at this... One Saturday morning I heard a rooster that sounded close so I looked out a window and there it was, trotting thru my side yard. Now I do live in a small town about 10-15 minutes outside a medium city and there are farms in the area.

I went and looked out front since I kept hearing the thing and it was circling around in my front yard; started up the street, did a U-turn and went down the road right in the middle of the street. It was about time for the fair and I wondered if it was some kid's 4-H project that got loose. If it was heading to the fair grounds it had a ways to go!

thank you.. cute story too...

That's one handsome dude for sure and I bet he knows it. Man, those colors! I had a rooster once. A friend of my grandfather, Harry S. , had around 300 chickens/roosters down in Abington, In. and gave me one of his roosters and $5 for mowing his yard. I told him I didn't have a place to keep him and he said he would take care of him. I did nothing with him so he remained Harry's rooster really. Later, I think Harry moved out of his little trailer and into a doll house he'd built on a hillside down the road or at least that was his plan, he may've simply passed away but I never found out. All I know is I never saw his chickens and roosters nor Harry after a friend and I cleared some brush around his doll house before he was planning on moving in. Nice old guy, he used to bring my brother and I eggs in the morning when we camped out next to the White Water River across the street from his place. Good times.

That's one handsome dude for sure and I bet he knows it. Man, those colors! I had a rooster once. A friend of my grandfather, Harry S. , had around 300 chickens/roosters down in Abington, In. and gave me one of his roosters and $5 for mowing his yard. I told him I didn't have a place to keep him and he said he would take care of him. I did nothing with him so he remained Harry's rooster really. Later, I think Harry moved out of his little trailer and into a doll house he'd built on a hillside down the road or at least that was his plan, he may've simply passed away but I never found out. All I know is I never saw his chickens and roosters nor Harry after a friend and I cleared some brush around his doll house before he was planning on moving in. Nice old guy, he used to bring my brother and I eggs in the morning when we camped out next to the White Water River across the street from his place. Good times.
what wonderful memories... thank you... for sharing... i know this guy is so tough,, he had to be netted this morning..and brought back to the barn.. he refused to go back.. wanted to fight my other gentle giant brahma rooster... here is my big guy..who is completely opposite in his personality. good thing he was in his fence ..
1-1-roosters turkeys chickens and golden rain 024.JPG

Good looking rooster, so majestic and check out the thighs on that guy! I bet he could leg press a VW! :eek-73:

Nice ! But I wouldn’t use the word “simmer” near him!

Cute stories and beautiful roosters! I used to take care of some horses and really needed to be careful of the resident rooster.

Cute stories and beautiful roosters! I used to take care of some horses and really needed to be careful of the resident rooster.
i know .. i am thinking of getting a beware of rooster sign...lol thank you

thank you... yes some of them are so sweet ... but others like my road runner are scary..

LOL.Nice colorful Birds. My childhood friend i grew up with also my next door neighbor had White Geese and his father built a very small pond in the back yard.Well these geese where nasty mean and would chase anyone that entered the yard and peck your feet and legs as hard as they could and my friend was kind of a bully where sometimes he would invite me over just to have the geese chase me around and i was afraid of them and was not fun to have about 6 geese or so attacking me at the same time.Well one day i was no longer afraid of them and stood my ground not running and Karma kicked in when they turned on him chasing him around the pond when he lost his footing and fell in the muddiest pond you could imagine while he was in a suit just ready to go to church with his parents on Sunday morning. I laughed so hard and told all the neighborhood kids that we all where friends with and it was the one of the best days ever when karma caught up to him. He was not so good of a friend to anyone kind of kid and got his butt kicked from time to time when he picked on the wrong kid but nothing compares to slipping in the mud and falling in the muddy water from the attack on him of his own geese.

Last edited:
LOL.Nice colorful Birds. My childhood friend i grew up with also my next door neighbor had White Geese and his father built a very small pond in the back yard.Well these geese where nasty mean and would chase anyone that entered the yard and peck your feet and legs as hard as they could and my friend was kind of a bully where sometimes he would invite me over just to have the geese chase me around and i was afraid of them and was not fun to have about 6 geese or so attacking me at the same time.Well one day i was no longer afraid of them and stood my ground not running and Karma kicked in when they turned on him chasing him around the pond when he lost his footing and fell in the muddiest pond you could imagine while he was in a suit just ready to go to church with his parents on Sunday morning. I laughed so hard and told all the neighborhood kids that we all where friends with and it was the one of the best days ever when karma caught up to him. He was not so good of a friend to anyone kind of kid and got his butt kicked from time to time when he picked on the wrong kid but nothing compares to slipping in the mud and falling in the muddy water from the attack on him of his own geese.
thank you for this funny story.. just proves there really is Karma.. i would have loved to be laughing along with you.... watching them chase him.. lol

what wonderful memories... thank you... for sharing... i know this guy is so tough,, he had to be netted this morning..and brought back to the barn.. he refused to go back.. wanted to fight my other gentle giant brahma rooster... here is my big guy..who is completely opposite in his personality. good thing he was in his fence .. View attachment 171567

He looks very tough! I wouldn't want to cross his path. Handsome though.

Most reactions

Back