Beach House C&C

i live in Nova Scotia as well what area was the shot takin

sweet I just bought my D90 last night and have to watch the kids today so dont really have the time to play outside yet but cant wait. did you edit the photo much and if so what did you use ?

it's hard to sit on a new camera isn't it? I would be snapping pictures of the kids though just to get a feel for it. When I picked up mine I took pictures of ornaments on the tree :)

Very nice .

thank you

Well just to rub your ego a bit more, this is a gorgeous shot. Great location but even more important, great placement of everything in the frame. well done.
By the way, I spent a month in Nova Scotia a few years ago, Ive wanted to go back every year since, but still havent made it. Its amazing up there.

consider my ego well rubbed :wink:. I'm not worried though. I will likely post pictures that will bring me back down. I was so thrilled when I saw this picture.

You should definitely come back to NS. It's pretty awful in february though. Aug-October is the best time to come.

i live in Nova Scotia as well what area was the shot takin

HI Lucas!!! This was taken at Green Bay Beach, just outside of Bridgewater on the south shore.

nice i am about 30 min from chester another beautiful spot to shoot

bambi did u use a filter on this picture ? and was there and ps done to it ?

nice i am about 30 min from chester another beautiful spot to shoot

Chester is beautiful. If you ever get to Shelburne it's stunning as well!

bambi did u use a filter on this picture ? and was there and ps done to it ?

no filter (on order :) ). The pp was small: a wee contrast boost, unsharp mask and I burned the house a bit as it was a wee bit washed out. My camera is new to me and I was playing with the manual settings. I took about 10 shots and this one is my favorite because of the colours that came through and the wave.

Great photo bambi. As soon as i saw it i thought 'nova scotia' and i haven't been there for years! Well done capturing the east coast essence.

I have a nooby question regarding Darrels comment
super-duper exposure and post-processing job
How can you tell that post processing has been done to the photo?

Thanks

Thanks Einstein. I do love Nova Scotia. In terms of PP I did very little. A wee contrast boost and I burned the house a bit because it was washed out.

Very very nice. I like this shot.

One tiny thing. The house is dipping to the right.

Hi Craig, it was a choice of either the horizon or house being a wee bit unlevel. I decided to go with the horizon and assume the house was a bit off (that way the water doesn't run out of the picture and onto your computer :mrgreen:)

great shot what are you using for a camera ?

I should put it in my signature shouldn't I? I am so new at this. Anyway, I have a Nikon d5000 with the kit lens. I bought it Dec 28th. It's my first SLR and I'm having a blast with it. :D

yes, yes, yes

amazing, beautiful

Most reactions

Back