DSC_7063-1.jpg

DSC_7095.jpg

DSC_7062.jpg

DSC_7118-2.jpg

DSC_7019.jpg

DSC_7029.jpg

DSC_7013-1.jpg

DSC_7130.jpg

I like the first one the best. The slight camera tilt works great in this one; it almost looks like the water is beginning to run out of the frame. Very cool.

Thanks.
that was my fav of the bunch too.

we were only there about 15 mins, there were 2 guys staring from there house making her a little uncomfortable, then someone else started to videotape her from his 2nd story balcony... so we left a few mins after that.. lol

I think if you used a gold reflector to fill in those shadows, you'd be better off. Also it doesn't appear that your backlight shots are being shot with an off-camera flash, might want to change that to create a nicer looking image.

there were 2 guys staring from there house making her a little uncomfortable, then someone else started to videotape her from his 2nd story balcony... so we left a few mins after that.. lol
prolly haven't seen a girl before, pervs...

and the first one got my vote too. love the lighting, i'd get closer to the subject, but thats just me.

This might be a stupid question, but were these shot with just on-camera flash for lighting?

first, last but one and the last are my favourites....two need more exposure...the jumper photo does not show the face clearly. otherwise a good shoot.

This might be a stupid question, but were these shot with just on-camera flash for lighting?

an sb600 on camera pointed upwards with a foam bounce card.
I would have liked to use off camera flash but i cant till i grab a set of wireless triggers,
as i have a D50 and it lacks commander mode.
hopefully that will be soon , money is tight atm.

wasnt a super planned shoot or anything, on the way there we still wernt sure where we were going.
Got there jumped out, took some quick pics and left.

If money's tight, grab Cactus V4's. They are cheap, and work quite well for what they do. And they take AAAs now; no weird expensive batteries. Get rechargeables and the cost for maintaining them is low. I too think a gold reflector might have been a boon here.

Oh, and where did she get those bottoms? Quite stylish; I wouldn't mind shooting someone in them.

Harsh lighting. I think you did the best you could with it, barring the lighting options mentioned above.

I wonder why there's no photos of her backside without the wrap on. Something tells me the model didn't feel comfortable showing any more than she did (I can't blame her).

there is a bunch like that, but the pics wernt the greatest, wierd looks, positions ect.

you cant tell but it was REALLY wavey.
about 3ft high waves
she was constantly being pushed around/ over.
im a big guy 6'2''. 216lbs, and i was nearly knocked off my feet a few times by the water.

We are going to shoot more in the future, hopefully i will have some off camera lighting options soon.

"NICE" friend.... Im a newb but i think the subjects face is alittle dark in 3,5, and 6... But great compisition and looks like a fun evening.

You have some great shots...as everyone else stated, when shooting into the sun by a slight angle you need to have a flash for fill.

Most reactions

Back