Beach Stone

Honestly? No.

First, the picture isn't even remotely interesting. It's just a random shot of a hand holding a rock.

Second, the selective color is pretty pointless here. To be honest, I rarely see it with a point, but you have demonstrated pretty much the A#1 reason why so many people have issues with selective color, and that is that it is done without any real consideration into what it is "saying", and is more just a "oh hey this'd maybe be neat?"

You must not be into that kind of imagery then XD It was more for fun than anything else.

I do appreciate the feedback :)

You must not be into that kind of imagery then XD It was more for fun than anything else.

I do appreciate the feedback :)

What kind of imagery is it supposed to be?

Wish you hadn't clipped the thumb.

Well, blacking out most of a picture and putting color in one or two things is not new. It's a popular artistic trick that some people enjoy doing. Also, I see the beauty in everything, so doing a random shot of me holding a rock and putting focus on that stone is a part of the art. It's a like or dislike thing for that kind of art since I know not everyone likes it.

Look good?

You asked for feedback and they gave it. Why so defensive when you yourself asked for it?

And since you asked for it, I'll agree, clipped thumb and selective color don't work here (and yes, I have occasionally used selective color in ways I think work). I think the ideas has potential but needs work. Take someone along and have them hold the rock. That will leave you free to work the angle a little better. Right now it feels to me like one of those where you take your camera, turn it around an take a self-picture at arms-length while you and your best friend are trying to crowd close enough to both get in the frame and yet someone still ends up with only one ear.

Look good?

You asked for feedback and they gave it. Why so defensive when you yourself asked for it?

And since you asked for it, I'll agree, clipped thumb and selective color don't work here (and yes, I have occasionally used selective color in ways I think work). I think the ideas has potential but needs work. Take someone along and have them hold the rock. That will leave you free to work the angle a little better. Right now it feels to me like one of those where you take your camera, turn it around an take a self-picture at arms-length while you and your best friend are trying to crowd close enough to both get in the frame and yet someone still ends up with only one ear.

Thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions

Back