Beach wedding

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hoylesphotography.com
I had the opportunity to shoot a wedding yesterday. Great group of people and wonderful weather for some shots on the beach before the reception.

As always comments and criticism always welcome.:D

55726087.jpg

55726091.jpg

55726085.jpg

55726093.jpg

55726451.jpg

Fill flash really worked great on that last shot.

Love the second and last shot.

The second one when they are walking toward the sun and the 3rd one are very nice.

I really like shots 2, 3, and 5! The fifth and second photos capture their spirit nicely! Have they seen the photos yet? Which did they like most? Either way, I bet they were really happy with your work just based off of these alone.

Very cool. I like them all of them. I would have to say that I like the fifth one the most.

3 and 5 worked out so well in my opinion. Wonderful job on these, they will be so happy :)

bace said:
Fill flash really worked great on that last shot.

my thoughts exactly! great job! just wanted to ask: what did you do that in the picture where they are going through the sun, the details on her dress are still visible?! Whenever I shoot something into sun I get the silhouettes without any details...

mentos_007 said:
my thoughts exactly! great job! just wanted to ask: what did you do that in the picture where they are going through the sun, the details on her dress are still visible?! Whenever I shoot something into sun I get the silhouettes without any details...
These were shot with a D2X, 17-55 F/2.8, ISO 200 in shutter priority at 1/250s with a SB800 fill flash. The shot of them walking down the beach was done at 17mm and F/22. I took the diffuser off the flash for that shot to get a little extra distance on the flash. At 17mm I was not that far from them so the dress was lit up by the flash. Not much photoshopping on any of them. Just some saturation adjustment and foot print touch up work. The silhouette shot was done by my partner with a D70 and a 70-200F/2.8 at 78mm, F/22, 1/200s, ISO 200.

It was a perfect day for these shots. Very clear and just enough wind to give the vail a little life. I just bought the 17-55 F/2.8 lens and I wanted to see how it did straight into the sun. I must say that I am impressed as to what a big difference this lens makes vs. my old 24-70 F/2.8 sigma. The sigma is a good lens but for strongly backlit stuff the Nikorr does a better job at keeping the colors and contrast true. The Sigma would have required more photoshopping to get it to look right.:D

Most reactions

Back