Beach wood addiction...?

charlie76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This picture has a lot going on...requires more than a glance. So many colors and textures in one frame almost hurts the brain to find some unity here IMO...complex. Hope you like it!

beach wood 30 by charlie766, on Flickr

I like it. It has a very fluid feel to it.

What some might call an addiction others might consider a style. Do whatever works for you regardless of labels. Someone once called my preoccupation with one of my usual subjects "an obsession" and I took this as a compliment.

In any case, I like this one, which has more contrast and some higher tonal values than some of your others, in addition to a good composition and nice textures, etc. The only thing bothering me is that small bright spot on the left edge near the top. I'd clone it out, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.

KenC said:
What some might call an addiction others might consider a style. Do whatever works for you regardless of labels. Someone once called my preoccupation with one of my usual subjects "an obsession" and I took this as a compliment.

In any case, I like this one, which has more contrast and some higher tonal values than some of your others, in addition to a good composition and nice textures, etc. The only thing bothering me is that small bright spot on the left edge near the top. I'd clone it out, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.

Style sounds much better. Thx Ken.

The patterns are turning less abstract and more concrete...i like this...but i enjoy them being more abstract ... i see a hairy horse looking left wards; did you all see?

Regards :D

Frequency said:
The patterns are turning less abstract and more concrete...i like this...but i enjoy them being more abstract ... i see a hairy horse looking left wards; did you all see?

Regards :D

Hairy horse..?!?....LOL!! I'll check it out when I get home. I'm on my phone...and at work

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back