Bear and Wolf in Yellowstone

firebird1984

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chimeraphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everybody! Here a a few shots from this past weekend in Yellowstone National Park. The Wolf was on top of Dunraven Pass on the eastern pert of the upper loop road. And the Wolf was at the junction of Tower Falls and Lamar Valley. C&C welcomed and encouraged!!!

Brent McWhirter

Attachments

• $3564273564_cdce54f2ec.jpg
    $3564273564_cdce54f2ec.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 161
  • $3564271516_2ded5ed26f.jpg
    $3564271516_2ded5ed26f.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 173
disclaimer: I like wolves

that said I still really like that wolf shot of yours -looks like he/she is defending against your car: good pose and a great looking down at you angle with the eyes right at you! I would be tempted to crop away the bottom of the shot a little to lose that hazy white area. The blur I am of two minds about - I am generally not a fan of motion blur in shots - especaily when its a dominant theme- this shot I feel could go both ways in both benefiting from being shot at a faster shutter speed and in staying how it is, where the sharp head holds the shot and the blur gives a sense of motion.

The bear shot I feel is a little weaker - the angle makes him/her seem small and next to that pole the bear seems to be a little soft. Its just lacking in visual impact I think. Still impressive to see such wildilfe and to capture it in shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back