Bear Lake

cbarnard7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All,

Here's a picture I took while hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. Let me know what you think! It was 2pm with hardly any clouds overhead so I used the G-ND filter tool in LR5 and cleaned up some blown highlights in the clouds. This was a 3-shot bracketed image that I converted into mono.

$B&Wlakecrop.jpg

Composition itself is good but I think you killed the highlights way too much. Picture is murki, lacks the contrast IMO. And in full sun we need some of the brilliance of the light reflected in the water.

Composition itself is good but I think you killed the highlights way too much. Picture is murki, lacks the contrast IMO. And in full sun we need some of the brilliance of the light reflected in the water.

I can easily change those two things so I will give it a go. I used an G-ND filter tool on the horizon, down and the horizon, up. Maybe I'll take them off and just lower the highlights to taste. Thanks!

Yes, just try it and let see.

Yep. Pleasant composition, but the whites aren't white.

Exactly there is nothing that is actually white in it.

Try something like this.
$B&Wlakecrop.jpg

Exactly there is nothing that is actually white in it.

Try something like this.
View attachment 58748

That is almost EXACTLY how I edited it the first time! Now I need to go back and have a look at it again...

$bearlake.jpg

I lifted and sharpened a little more- also took off ND filter. What about now?

still looks way underexposed. Guru's edit is MUCH better.

Maybe the original file is a pinch under exposed then ? How about a little more contrast ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back