Beautiful day, But not so beautiful lens :(

aggiezach

Yup...
Reaction score
Website
jessandzach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its finally a gorgeous day outside, so what does a sane photographer do? We grab our cameras and go out to caputre the world on frame at a time. Well I did just that today, but when I opened up my bag and grabbed my camera, I was not so pleasantly surprised. My new (less than a month old) 50mm f/1.8 lens what split in two!! :( Sucks for now! I have NO idea how it happened either!!! The only guess I have is that while I was cleaning my room, somehow something must have fallen on my bag.

I'm not really that upset about the lens being broken, thankully its the cheapest one to replace in the bag :) I'm just upset that I can take the pictures I wanted with that nice DOF! oh well! Guess I'll have to wait til this weekend to get some shots! Hopefully the weather will hold out!

Zach :D

im sure im not the only one that took one look at the plastic mount 50mm made by canon and said "ill save up for the 1.4" im sorry that happened dude!!! sucks...

m
d

ehhh Zach don't worry yo have many weekends in a year so you'll get some nice pictures :)

The funny thing was it wasn't even the mount that broke. It was the actual lens barel. It was weird! I'll take some pictures of it with the Digicam tonight! I'd love to get the 1.4 but that would take to long for me to save up for :)

Zach :D

That sucks, but remember that you only paid $60-70 bucks for it, so even buying another one, and a third one, you are still below the cost of the 1.4 :p

It's less than a month old? Take it back to the shop! No way should it break like that. If something had fallen on it I'm sure you'd have noticed.

Most reactions

Back