TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
timrayphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
742980310_zDAiU-XL.jpg

Visit our blog to view more from this session

The arm in the foreground bothers me. It looks like it has been hyperextended. Other than that great expression and great shot.

Michael

I agree. I like everything except the arm.

Her wrist is at 90 degrees and twisted. The twist also makes the elbow look bad. Also, with the post and twist, her upper arm isn't in a attractive position.

Nice photo except for the distracting monster watermark.
Cute young lady, well lit.

Turn her hand around and get her to bend her elbow. The muscle on her upper arm is a constant source of pain for photographers all over the world.

I agree with the arm comments but i also wanna add that not only does it make the arm look weird but it makes her upper arm look fat

I especially like the lovely background =)

I agree with the arm comments but i also wanna add that not only does it make the arm look weird but it makes her upper arm look fat

That's what I was talking about. That muscle is very difficult to get looking good.

The hidden rear arm combined with the neck twist/elbow hyper extension make for an unnatural pose.

Twisting is the primary way for models to appear thinner and most cover models (particularly males) distribute a 'torso twist' shot but in this case it has not quite come off.

However she is very photogenic.

I have to agree with the others, she looks like she dislocated her arm in some terrible accident lol, but I like everything else, the background, chair and beautiful girl.

Nice photo except for the distracting monster watermark.
Cute young lady, well lit.
Yep, I made that same remark, on another post of his, noting it was a "biography" of a watermark. Talented? yes, ruining photo's with that humongous watermark? Well, guess it's his shot's, guess he can paste an A1 Abrams tank on it if he wants. I do think he'll turn more people off with it. And yes the arm thing is kind of wierd. Everything else is great though.

J.:lol:

My daughter has had the pleasure of being a flower girl for 6 weddings thus far. In all of the weddings-except 1-she was wearing a white dress. Here's what most of the girls did that had her as their flower girl: They bought Easter dresses that were white-on sale. Then went to a craft store and bought tiny sew-on flowers in their colors and little sew on colored bows. They sent me home with the dress and the colored accents and I sat down and hand sewed them on with a couple of quick stitches. It took NO time to add them to the dress and nobody knew that they were originally all-white Easter dresses! They looked custom made for the wedding.

The lighting is nice, and the girl is very pretty, but that's about it. I find both the background and the chair to be horribly distracting, particularly when put together. Neither of them have anything to add to the image. I feel like the background has such strong leading lines that the first thing I see is the girl's face, which is good, but the the lines in the background steal my eyeand bring it to the chair. Then I'm like, ugh, what an ugly chair. Then the chair leads me to her hand, which looks weird, and then that leads me to her elbow and upper arm. Then it's just all over.

Foreground arms are always a problem. And I honestly can't look at that and say what I would have done differently, but it's definitely not working. I think ditch the chair and the background for something plainer, like a normal standing pose, with the same light and model, and you'd have a great shot.

Most reactions

Back