DSC_0102_-_crop_-_sm.jpg

Lost?
DSC_0191_-_crop_-_sm.jpg

Sneer
DSC_0194_-_crop_-_sm.jpg

Sultry
DSC_0199_-_crop_-_sm.jpg

Anthony

the first one her face looks to washed out, also i think another angle would have worked better so that you'd see all of her feet, not just part of them.

the rest, the shoulder and above aren't doing i for me. i'm assuming she is either wearing a low shirt or no shirt, either way you should have included more of her to me it would have made the picture look correct.

also the different facial expressions to me kill the pictures even more, shes not smiling which is okay if thats not what you are going for but i feel the only difference in the las two is that the last one her mouth is closed.

hope you dont take it to harsh, just what i felt.

the first one her face looks to washed out, also i think another angle would have worked better so that you'd see all of her feet, not just part of them.

the rest, the shoulder and above aren't doing i for me. i'm assuming she is either wearing a low shirt or no shirt, either way you should have included more of her to me it would have made the picture look correct.

also the different facial expressions to me kill the pictures even more, shes not smiling which is okay if thats not what you are going for but i feel the only difference in the las two is that the last one her mouth is closed.

hope you dont take it to harsh, just what i felt.

Nah, I don't take it personal. I haven't been doing this long and I'm learning all the time.

Some history about the facial shots. They were taken for a fleeting idea of a mosiac of expressions so while they may not work for a glamour pic they are pretty much exactly as intended.

The shots were indeed cropped down. She is wearing a bra with the straps pulled down and the bra was really distracting. So I tried o include as much of her as I could without showing it. Perhaps an even tighter crop might work better. I'll have to play with it.

You make a good point about the feet. I'll look to see if I have a better angle. These are a handful of shots out of a 300-400 shot marathon.

Also, the washed out face which I agree is a little blown out now that you mention it, is a result of the PP technique I used. Which was the entire point of this post that I forgot to mention in my original post.

So, taking away the content that you clearly didn't like. ;) How do you feel about the PP? I think I need to tone downt he firt one a bit but I like the results on the head shots.

Anthony

the background colour in the last three really ruins them IMHO. It is just too close to skin colour and gives hardly any contrast.

is that on camera flash you used? The light makes the face sort of flat.

I would have gone closer in in the last three, the lower quarter of the image just does not show anything of interest, I'd either include more of the breast or frame much tighter.

not that i dont like the content, i think the shots are good idea just the way they came out iI'm not fond of, but now that you explained what they were for it makes a bit more sense as to why the expressions are the way they are.

also you talk about the pp technique you used, i dont see much post processing going on here, her skin tones dont seem consistent which seems is also part of your pp.

I am no expert im just a 17 year old giving my opinion so if its the final product you or the model (or both) wanted then that is perfect.

since her face is long try cropping from just under her chin. alex brought up something that missed my eyes, the background, the skin tone is almost the same color, may have worked better if the background was a bit darker like a grey

also with the first picture, i feel that im almost confused by the fact that she is wearing the bra and yet her left breast is mostly exposed and her right is fully covered.

BTW, did you blur the skin on purpose?

A lot to reply to here.

The background was just the wall that was handy. This was probably my second model shoot ever and my equipment at the time included a camera and an on camera speed light, so there wasn't much to work with as far as that goes. I think a little work could fix that.

The flash did indeed wash her face out some even though I imagine I was bouncing it off the ceiling.

The blurring is part of the PP technique I was using. It is essentially the Orton Effect here you merge and overexposed out of focus exposure with a sharp exposure. It creates a blurring halo effect.

Anthony

The blurring is part of the PP technique I was using. It is essentially the Orton Effect here you merge and overexposed out of focus exposure with a sharp exposure. It creates a blurring halo effect.

I thought so... too strong for me ... but that is just personal :) .. others will like it.

The blurring is a little too much for me too! Also, if you have someone pose with their chin down, watch the eyes. All of that white showing under the irises is very unattractive, IMO. Unless you are going for creepy eyes, and I don't think you were. The flash did overpower her pale skin. It looks like the output needs to be lowered. I'm sorry this is so critical, but I am at least trying to give constructive criticism, so you will know what to try different next time.

i don't care for the P&P...smiling is better than scorn...

one more things .. she is certainly beautiful... but did she bite her lips before the shooting? at least they appear too dry, if not even hurt.

one more things .. she is certainly beautiful... but did she bite her lips before the shooting? at least they appear too dry, if not even hurt.

I'm not sure what caused it but she had two small sores on her lower lip at this shoot. I expect it was just dry/cracked from wind or something. I tried to clean it up but everything I did looked obvious.

And for those who appologize for being critical. While I'm sure there are some thin skinned folks on here that come just to hear someone say they are great and what a wonderful shot they have gotten, I try to be thick skinned. Many if not most of you have loads more experience than I so I very much appreciate you constructive criticism.

Anthony

I think the whites of her eyes needs some work they arent white.. almost greyish. I would whiten them a tad.

just my .2

Most reactions

New Topics

Back