Beautiful...

jmaxphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys this if my first post in the forum, been following the blog for quite a while now.
This is a shoot which saw me returning to the studio, with a trip to Fermanagh. I had put a lot of thought into what I would like to achieve with this shoot, and it was to fill what I felt was a void in my portfolio. I’d been concentrating too much on just shooting what I saw as fashion and forgot all about the beauty side of things. So I felt it was time to let my makeup artist and friend Louise Burrows loose on my models, but the biggest problem I had was finding models that I felt were suitable. I started with a shout out on facebook to see if anyone would be interested and I got a lot of positive feedback but I felt that no one quite fulfilled my requirements. So I started looking through friends and friends of friends to see if I could find someone with the look I wanted. Finally I across two ladies that I thought would be perfect for the shoot.
lighting.png

The setup was pretty simple; one beauty dish placed about four feet in front of the model and angled down at 45 degrees, a strobe light either side of the model to light the background and a silver reflector placed between the model and the camera to soften the shadows caused by the beauty dish being angled down.
The models were Amanda Reid and Lesley Millar, two friend s of mine. Lesley works for Style Academy Model agency and is used to being in front of the camera, where as Amanda had never tried anything like this before and was a bit nervous going into the shoot.
_MG_6919.jpg

The camera I used was my Canon 7D along with my newest purchases a WFT-5E (wireless file transmitter grip) and a Canon 24-70mm L series lens.
_MG_69921.jpg

I’m sure you’ll agree that both models and Louise the makeup artist did an outstanding job on the day.
_MG_6979.jpg

_MG_7000.jpg

A behind the scenes video can also be found on my youtube page -
All constructive feedback welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. I don't really care much for the models' makeup though.

In the first pic there is a huge difference between the color of her hair line and the rest of her face.

In the 2nd pic the red spots on her forehead is not nice.

As Hi Key goes, these fit the bill, I like the third best, composition is great ..I would be careful of the hair disappearing into the Bg though?

They all suffer from that dreaded chin shadow though, makes their necks look dirty.

CLose to the look of pin up style.;)

Most reactions

Back