Beauty and the Beast

I think the first one is a TAD crooked, but it's a little confusing with how the foundation of the building is.

I love the contrast between the two photos. Sad how a beautiful place can be made ugly by such disrespectful people.

I think if the pillars for the bridge were more upright, I'd like the second photo more, but that might just be personal preference. It just makes me feel like the photo is off because they're angled the way they are.

Otherwise, both photos are beautiful. =-]

You need both perspective and rotation corrections on the top image. If you correct for leveling to the green lines, your vertical alignment will be off so this will require either a perspective or distortion adjustment (perhaps both).

$9733744643_7e1c3d4727_o.jpg

I would plumb the building using a plumb line drawn through the centerline, which in this building is fairly easy to find. Trying to find a true horizontal line is going to be difficult due to the angle from the camera to the pier. The perspective distortion is still apparent and a vertical line still will not line up with all verticals in the building.

$9732967801_8e5267286c_b - Version 2.jpg

So it still looks crooked to me.

That does work for leveling out the pier to the structure but he's still going to have to do some perspective adjustments to get the verticals back to plumb.

$9733828921_7e8643a182_o.jpg

It's not distortion, was shot at 85mm. The bottom line being off is because it's on a curved piece of land. Not sure what I could do about it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back