Beauty in the simple things

johng426

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.blindeyemagi.com
Hello,

I'm relatively new to photography and puchased a Canon Digital Rebel last fall. The other week I had the pleasure of taking the day off work and spending it with my kids at a local park. My daughter was fascinated by the dandelions and she picked one up and leaned against a tree just marveling at its beauty. . .

I in turn marveled at her beauty and youthful innocence and could not pass up the opportunity to take her picture.

Please let me know what I have done right and what I should have done differently. Any and all comments are appreciated.

John G.

Do nothing different.

Well, might have taken a step to your right to clear the tree growng out of her head, but it is a beautiful shot.

Thank you Zeitgeist . . . you know, I didn't even notice the tree on top of her head. I guess when you're too close to the subject all you do if focus on her and don't notice whats around her.

Thanks again for your comments.

John G.

always nice to have the story behind the picture.

I think you captured it well

Welcome John!

The only change I would make to this, and this is probably nitpicky on my part, is to crop about 2 inches from the top to eliminate some of the lackluster sky.

I think that you have a wonderful pic as it is though!

(As an aside here, I am an expectant father of a daughter myself, and I would recommend taking a day off as often as you can to spend with your beautiful daughter and family and sharing moments like this.)

Johnboy,

Congrats on your future bundle of joy! Yes I agree with you about spending time with your kids. My Twins are my pride and joy and I take a day off work every two to three weeks to just spend the whole day with them. To me that is the best investment I can make.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. I look forward to posting more pics soon!

John G

Zeitgeist said:
Do nothing different.

Well, might have taken a step to your right to clear the tree growng out of her head, but it is a beautiful shot.

exactly :) I just wanted to say that :) as soon as I saw the picture I payed the attention to the tree growing from her head. :)

Most reactions

Back