beauty seen through a shop window

I really like the 3rd one, all are nice though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Very nice images there. I did notice the chromatic aberration on the leg especially in no. 1. Was that caused by the additional layer of glass?

No it's the lens. It happens when light is focussed through a lens or glass which does not have parallel surfaces. ;)

Tim Tucker. I really like your constructive approach. Indeed I know exactly the faults of this lens. That is why I bought it. Yes, I bought it for its faults.

Very often I take the same shot twice. Once with 1.4, once with 4.0 or 5.6. Rendering in the first case is a world away. Judging from the display impression back in Orange I immediately loved the way the pictures looked.

Your comment makes me rethink the editing question though. I shall dig into this more. Thank you very much.

Today I went by another shop window, an art workshop for kids. This time I carried a higher contrast very modern lens (Lumix 42.5/1.7) on a smaller format. High definition & more DOF.

The basic problems stay the same: Window panes reflecting the environment, people do not wash their windows regularly or properly, yet: with that lens a "dreamy rendering" is impossible. see for yourself:

small__B030090_v1.JPG

small__B030057_v1.JPG

small__B030074_v1.JPG

small__B030080_v1.JPG

Most reactions

Back