Bee Tree

RedHousePhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Took this shot of a beehive in the tree next to my house, used a closeup lens (a 4 I think) on a (old) 28-70 macrozoom, attached to my D70. Yes, I got way to close to these little guys.

- Dave

Beesly.jpg

Whoah, I would require a 600m lens with a 2x on it, cropped 100% to actually take this shot. Nice detail.

Wow, this is a VERY interesting photo and I like the DOF used here with the mass of very blurry bees in the middle but very sharp and detailed ones on the sides.

Cool pic to show as your first here. Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I hope you are still in the shape you have always been and not now covered in bumps from having been stung by these bees!?!!??!

This is an amazing photo!! I would have been to chicken to get that close!!! Love the detail !

Thanks LaFoto and Holly. No, I'm not covered in beestings <g>. The truth is they are very, very relaxed, even at the peak of the day. That didn't stop me from running away after every third frame though, no sense in getting them mad.

The bees you are seeing are really just milling about, it looks like they are chewing on the tree (maybe they are collecting proplin/resin) as if they want to widen the hole. The ones that are frightening are the ones that are out hunting nectar and come in buzzing past my head! I'm getting more comfortable around them, and I'm going to keep shooting them. Its nice when your subjects are right out your front door.

DS
[email protected]

welcome to tpf red, wonderful shot... i've heard that bees will typically leave you alone as long as you're not interferring with their activities... but I still have no desire to get this close to one, much less a whole hive! I'm glad you did though, cuz this is a great shot. thanks for sharing...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back