BEE-utiful?

chips

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Heres a pic of a bee I took in my back garden. I converted the background to black and white and kept the bee and flower in colour.
This is one of my first attempts at photography and digital editing.
Any comments, suggestions or critisims welcome!

bee.jpg

karissa said:
Canon.. what is it with you and faces... :p

LOL. Some have said I'm infested with evil spirits. Some will swear to it.

It's probably just that I've been looking at baby pictures recently.

This is a nice photo, I just thought the baby's face was an added bonus for all those who can see it. What's it called when you conjure up images in the clouds? I do that sometimes, too.LOL

So poor chips over here just wanted some critiques and all he gets are cloud formation ideas so.. I guess I'll start it off. Chips, I really do like this picture. I have yet to get a two tone picture to work for me and this one I like. I wish the flowers stood out more however. It blends in with the white of the black and white so much.

karissa said:
So poor chips over here just wanted some critiques and all he gets are cloud formation ideas so.. I guess I'll start it off. Chips, I really do like this picture. I have yet to get a two tone picture to work for me and this one I like. I wish the flowers stood out more however. It blends in with the white of the black and white so much.

Thank you Karissa,

I don't really feel comfortable critiqueing in this thread. I thought this thread was just for display and oohs and ahs and gentle comments.

canonrebel said:
karissa said:

Thank you Karissa,

I don't really feel comfortable critiqueing in this thread. I thought this thread was just for display and oohs and ahs and gentle comments.

Well, I thought it used to be kinda a critique thing. Most of the time thats what it ends up being. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

karissa said:
canonrebel said:
karissa said:

Thank you Karissa,

Well, I thought it used to be kinda a critique thing. Most of the time thats what it ends up being. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion on this thread. I've always respected your right to your own opinion. You haven't always respected mine. So wazup wit dat?

Karissa, please let me withdraw my last statement to you.
I've just been reviewing some of your previous posts and it's apparent that you are always defending each of us when we're under attack for our submissions.

I now recognize the fact that you were merely coming to chip's aid because you perceived him as not being taken seriously.

I really like that about you. Thanks for coming to my aid in previous posts.

cheers
Reb

:? Why is it that every thread I click lately turns into some kind of discussion? Or is it just me picking with a lucky (or in this case..unlucky) hand?

Anywho, back to the topic.

I really like it. I've not been a fan of this kind of post processing, but I must say that with this photo I think it is very well done. Karissa wanted the flowers to stand out more...I actually like how it fades into the black and white background. Makes you come back and stare at it some more, thinking: wait up, are those flowers in real color or were they manipulated too?

I like it when pictures have me staring and wondering. ;)

wow! i guess i should my photos closer in future! thats amazing :D
but thanks 4 getting every1 back on topic (sort of) karissa. Im really pleased that you and Lyanna liked it beacuse its my first attempt at something like this. Does any1 else agree or disagree about whever the flowers should stand out more or stay as they are? anyone think the face looks like anyone else? :D
Makes you come back and stare at it some more, thinking: wait up, are those flowers in real color or were they manipulated too?

In answer to that: the flowers are in real colour. I selected them and then converted the background to black and white.

Most reactions

Back