Been a nikon shooter for a long time

samm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But im going to the darkside ,To Canon .I have my reasons i wont go into .Ill end up getting rid of my nikon equipment .:thumbup::thumbup:

...forgive him,for he knows not what he does.(based on being posted in a NIKON forum...lol)

Unless you're shooting lots of video your reasons are moot.

Blasphemy!

Blasphemy!
No, actually his reasons are whatever he wants them to be.

I guarantee that if someone posted a bunch of shots without any information about what they were shot on that nobody here could tell whether they were shot with a Nikon or a Canon. Both are excellent devices, both are fully capable of excellent photographs in the right hands and junk in the wrong hands.

Well, I hope everything works out for you. Sounds expensive.

Are you going to list your Nikon equipment on here?

+1 on scott's post, either platform and and will give excellent results if used properly. regardless I hope you have fun with whatever you get...

I think you should donate your 800 f5.6 to Sharon or Kris...I'd love to see what those guys would capture with a super-mega-tele like that. :D

+1 on scott's post, either platform and and will give excellent results if used properly. regardless I hope you have fun with whatever you get...

I think you should donate your 800 f5.6 to Sharon or Kris...I'd love to see what those guys would capture with a super-mega-tele like that. :D
This sounds like a fantastic idea!!!

Canon vs Nikon = Coke vs Pepsu = Burger King vs McDonald's.... Everyone has thier own reasons for believing one is superior to the other...

It's the Player, not the brand of stick he uses...

Same thing...

It's the photographer, not the camera.

I am with the previous two comments. You have to know your camera intimately and have the steps down to the point it is about actually taking the photo and not the technical stuff. If not just by a point a shoot is all you will need!

I remember back a few years ago a very good friend of mine spent a fortune on some Nikon cameras and accessories. He was very eager to go all the way, of course back then he had the money do so. He had zero traditional training and Ben always complained about his photos were subrate.

It was not until we went on a vacation together we swapped cameras around and questioned me as to what I did to get decent photos? The rest is history as they say, infact he takes some amazing photos today, better than mine. IMHO

Not sure of the details as to why he is switching, but that is a very expensive move and most likely not required. Perhaps a more through investigation should have been done...just saying!

Happy Shooting!

Blasphemy!
No, actually his reasons are whatever he wants them to be.

I guarantee that if someone posted a bunch of shots without any information about what they were shot on that nobody here could tell whether they were shot with a Nikon or a Canon. Both are excellent devices, both are fully capable of excellent photographs in the right hands and junk in the wrong hands.

I think because its hard to convey sarcasm over the internet you didn't realise that I was being sarcastic.

I don't care if you shoot Canon/Nikon/Sony whatever.

I shoot digital on Nikon & most of my film on Canon.

Not sure why you felt like coming out with this declaration you are moving from Nikon to Canon.
This is your life, your money, your decision.
You are not betraying anyone by switching to Canon.
Canon makes good cameras and so does Nikon, some models are better on Canon and some better on Nikon.

I wish you lots of joy with your new camera!

Canon vs Nikon = Coke vs Pepsu = Burger King vs McDonald's.... Everyone has thier own reasons for believing one is superior to the other...

It's the Player, not the brand of stick he uses...

Same thing...

It's the photographer, not the camera.

If this is true, then there's no reason to change brands either.
If gear doesn't matter, why switch in the first place? ;)

Such a change is always going to cost you - perhaps a lot if you have a lot of gear to get rid of.
The odds of being satisfied with such a change are very slim and are often limited to a few specific gear deficiencies in a given system.

Most reactions

Back